Thread: 2005 cm848 skim

2005 cm848 skim

We got our customer a new computer from Flagship One. What we didn't know is sometime in this truck's life the SKIM module by the key lock was removed. I have set Skim to disabled in HP Tuners and flashed the PCM. It still does not allow the truck to be started. Does anyone know if this does actually work or does Hp Tuner not actually change this parameter when you flash it? I have used EFILive on 2006 up trucks and it has worked.

leave it on, flash it back in, restart should re-learn
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Potential Tuner
    Did you disable it? If not on writing you can disable it..

Potential Tuner
    I had an issue with my cm848 when i was trying to do get my cummins swap done and i figured out that if you use a cm848 you have to disable the skim and use a smarty tuner also to kill the security on those ecms or it will never start. i ended up with a cm849 and did it that way. but if you disable skim and flash the truck and then enable it and reflash it again the computer will stay in realearn until such time as it sees another skim module. which is what it sounds like youre looking for on the other hand, there will be an after-step for you to then flash the truck with a smarty or some other platform to kill the security to enable it to start.....although i am unsure of any other tuners or platforms that will kill security.

Potential Tuner
    Fummins Tuning. I?d like to hear from you cuz I?m having a similar issue with skim. Was enabled and I disabled it then re enabled it with no such luck. Wondering if you can shed some light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by stirling5.9 View Post
    Fummins Tuning. I?d like to hear from you cuz I?m having a similar issue with skim. Was enabled and I disabled it then re enabled it with no such luck. Wondering if you can shed some light on this.
    I have fought with this a lot. The skim disable in HP just doesnt work. Its basically a setting of "does this vehicle have skim from the factory", not an enable/disable like GM stuff.

The VIN on the skim and the ECU need to match. Using a BIDI scan tool, rewrite the vin on the ECU to match the one on the skim (if different). Then relearn the key(s). Thats the way to do it.

Otherwise send the ECU out to a compeny that can behch flash the PROM and disable skim that way. But HP wont do it.

-Mike
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480