Thread: tune review

Tuner in Training

tune review

Its an 01 blazer with a 2012 gen4 5.3/ 4l60e. the engine has 706 heads with larger valves. The block is .030 flat tops. Sloppy stage 2 cam. Stock intake, injectors and throttle body. 2800 fti stall trans mildly built. 3.42 rear gear. E67/t42 computers. Has shorty headers 2.5 pipes into a 3in out no cats.

It feels sluggish from a hard launch. I understand it?s not a 6.0 but It struggle to do a good burnout. When it downshift from 4 to 3 it has a hard shake.

It was remote tuned.

Advanced Tuner
    You might not get much low end power out of that camshaft. If youre looking for low end torque you really need a dedicated truck cam that has ground in intake advance (IVC) What fuel are you running? Have you done the math and figured out what your compression ratio is or close to? id be happy to help you retune it, personally i like breaking the VVE into 29 zones and data logging it that way and calculating coefficients zone by zone as well. It takes a little longer on the laptop but the results are so much better. i Made some changes to the tune and would reccomend data logging in OL while collecting STFT data for the histograms, watch goat rope garages video on "better way to tune VVE" and itll explain breaking it down into zones. or if that is too much for you then just go collect the data in a good 20-30min drive. uphill, downhill, in town, highway, all of it, and i can transfer the data over into zones. try to make throttle changes slowly and DO NOT go WOT or into the range thatll enable PE if you can help it.
    Attached Files Attached Files