Thread: Cylinder 2 and cylinder 4 misfire counter constantly clocking

Tuner in Training

Cylinder 2 and cylinder 4 misfire counter constantly clocking

2019 L86 with 10L80

I replaced my transmission over the weekend and went for a test drive. Everything was fine, and drove great. I live about 20 minutes away from where I was working on it, and on the drive home, it drove great for about 15 minutes, then the last 5 minutes, all of a sudden, it started idling rough, and then I got a check engine light for engine misfires.

I pulled up the scanner, and cylinders 2 and 4 constantly clocked misfires. It constantly counts misfires even when the throttle is applied, though it does seem to slow down some when RPMs get higher.

Troubleshooting so far:

Swapped O2 sensors between bank 1 to bank 2 - no change
    Swapped coil packs from each good cylinder to each bad. 1-2 and 3-4 - no change
    I pulled the plugs (less than 5k miles on them) and checked them out. All good - no change

What in the world could it be?

Tuner in Training
    After more troubleshooting, it looks like the coils on 2 and 4 aren't firing. However, when they move to new locations, they fire fine. I don't believe the wiring is the issue, so I guess the ECM must be malfunctioning. Are there any ways to test that I can do to see if it is indeed the ECM?

Cylinder 2 and 4 share a common power source. Did you check for 12v at violet w/blue stripe on term 4? Check for good ground on terminal 1 black wire. These are at the coil. If you have no power you need to trace it back to the underhood fuse block. I believe they all (bank 2) a common 20A fuse

Wouldn't be the first UBEC I've changed.

Tuner in Training
    Yep. It was a fuse. Those 2 coils are on a common fuse with O2 sensors. The O2 sensor got crimped during transmission install which caused it to pop the fuse.