Thread: 2001 Silverado 2500

Potential Tuner

2001 Silverado 2500

I have a 6.0 with a tsp chopacabra and tsp longtube headers , stock 32lb injectors and 853 heads.

It will idle with me feathering the gas but if the throttle position goes under %4 it will lean out, and try to die then i have to feather again.

I am bringing it to lsX power tuning tomorrow but i need to be able to drive it there. i will trailer it out if need be but i didn't know if someone had the knowhow to get it to idle to make it safely.

thanks all here is the log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jwright6.0; 06-05-2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: rewording to make good sense.

Post the tune.

What 2001 Silverado 2500 came with 32lb/hr injectors? They never did, so did you swap them from something else?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Silverado.hpt

they are stock lq9 injectors. my bad.

I think those are still 25lb/hr aren't they?

If so, you won't have enough fuel for your tuning appointment. You are going to run out of injector room at like 4,500-5,000rpm.

Add more base running airflow for the camshaft. Increase your idle spark advanced to around 20 degrees. I can't view the log so I don't know what the fuel trims are doing or what your wideband is doing if you have one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    try this, i added a good bit of base idle airflow, hopefully that will get it to idle on its own. something that throws me off is its adding over 20 percent in the long term fuel trims and the ve table looks mostly stock. if anything with the new cam itd be rich at idle. this may point towards a vaccum leak.

Silveradorev1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    silveradorev1test1.hpl

your edit got it to idle, heres this for reference...

Ima get stuff for the vacuum leak and ill update.

Potential Tuner
    silverado rev 1 idle 2.hplSilveradorev1.hpt

i believe i have addressed the vacuum leak, let me know if you can make any edits to this to improve!
    i have 42lb injectors i am waiting on the wiring harness adapters...

skipping out on tuning tomorrow but if i can get this drivable until i do the injectors that would be mint.

thanks for the help so far.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright6.0 View Post
    silverado rev 1 idle 2.hplSilveradorev1.hpt

i believe i have addressed the vacuum leak, let me know if you can make any edits to this to improve!
    i have 42lb injectors i am waiting on the wiring harness adapters...

skipping out on tuning tomorrow but if i can get this drivable until i do the injectors that would be mint.

thanks for the help so far.
    Throw this tune in and take a data log of some idle time and if you can get some driving data then get some. I dont see the point in tuning VE right now if youre just gonna change injectors. Just run it on MAF til you get all that changed and then actually tune ir. Log MAF freq. and Mass air flow in channels. make a histogram Like included in the screenshot. try to fill as many of the cells as you can. If you dont know how to apply the changes using the histogram then just post the log file and ill help you out. the more data the better. I dont like using LTFT for modifiers. LTFT is just averages of STFT so if you tune it correctly with STFT then your LTFTs should fall in line.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    Throw this tune in and take a data log of some idle time and if you can get some driving data then get some. I dont see the point in tuning VE right now if youre just gonna change injectors. Just run it on MAF til you get all that changed and then actually tune ir. Log MAF freq. and Mass air flow in channels. make a histogram Like included in the screenshot. try to fill as many of the cells as you can. If you dont know how to apply the changes using the histogram then just post the log file and ill help you out. the more data the better. I dont like using LTFT for modifiers. LTFT is just averages of STFT so if you tune it correctly with STFT then your LTFTs should fall in line.
    Silverado rev 1 maf of test 1.hpl

Heres this log, the truck started right up... I will apply some channels i have from pat g.... I may need help showing the all the channels and having a proper histogram...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright6.0 View Post
    Silverado rev 1 maf of test 1.hpl

Heres this log, the truck started right up... I will apply some channels i have from pat g.... I may need help showing the all the channels and having a proper histogram...
    [ATTACH]132835[/ATTACH

Let me know what i can do to make this easier for you to look at.

thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    I have done 2 test drives with that tune here are those logs.
    let me know what i need to do for you to have more information! thank you
    testdrive-3.hpltestdrive-2.hplSilverado rev 1 drive 1 and idle.hpl