Thread: JTEC trans tuning

JTEC trans tuning

Hello,

I adjusted my Part Throttle shift min/max upshift windows and it helped move my part throttle shift points a little higher. I'm now working on the Post Shift Acceleration table. To increase the part throttle shift points, should I raise the numbers in that table?

Tuner
    Could you share the tune?

I sent you a message, then found the attachment icon in the reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

advice

Quote Originally Posted by EvilR/T View Post
    Hello,

I adjusted my Part Throttle shift min/max upshift windows and it helped move my part throttle shift points a little higher. I'm now working on the Post Shift Acceleration table. To increase the part throttle shift points, should I raise the numbers in that table?
    hey any advice on firming up the shift?? just seen this post!!!what i have done seems to make no difference.thanks
    16 mkx
    09 mb 320 coupe
    02 dodge dakota r/t 5.9
    which is my latest toy to tune

Tuner in Training
    46re can only be "firmed up" mechanically. No electronic pressure control.

Tuner in Training
    Shift quality on the RE transmissions is mechanically/hydraulically controlled. You could adjust your kickdown cable a little tighter to firm up the shifts but this will also raise the shift points during all driving. It also adjusts the downshifting under load. If the valve body is stock you won't be able to get good "firm" shifts without also making the transmission downshift under the slightest load. Basic shift kits are cheap and fairly easy to install.

Tuner in Training

trying to raise WOT shift points:-

I was looking at your tune and comparing to mine. I am just now starting to play with the transmission. I am happy with the part throttle shifts but needing to raise the WOT rpm shifts. I changed the WOT shift rpm table but has had no affect. I noticed you changed boost and hold pressures, does that affect WOT shift rpm also? Why did you not change 2nd to 3rd that much? Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is little info on the 46re's. Hoping you can save me a lot of time in experimenting as Automatics are not my strength.
    I have a 410 stroked 5.9 with forged internals and aluminum heads. Was poking around your engine changes also :-)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I was looking at your tune and comparing to mine. I am just now starting to play with the transmission. I am happy with the part throttle shifts but needing to raise the WOT rpm shifts. I changed the WOT shift rpm table but has had no affect. I noticed you changed boost and hold pressures, does that affect WOT shift rpm also? Why did you not change 2nd to 3rd that much? Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is little info on the 46re's. Hoping you can save me a lot of time in experimenting as Automatics are not my strength.
    I have a 410 stroked 5.9 with forged internals and aluminum heads. Was poking around your engine changes also :-)
    I'm not really sure what changing the shift and hold pressures would do and if I went in the right direction. So I didn't want to make too many changes at one time, it did help some. I have another tune where I really took a big swing at it, but I haven't tried it

I have found, you just can't change one thing, you have to change a bunch of things to make a difference.