Thread: Inconsistent Timing cut on 1-2 shift - Gen 3 Coyote/10R80

Inconsistent Timing cut on 1-2 shift - Gen 3 Coyote/10R80

I thought I had this issue taken care of but apparently not. First log (3rd run 9.38.hpl) was as close to a perfect pass as you can get for the car. No issues and backed that pass up with a carbon copy. My 5th run, not so much as you'll see in the log (5th run 9.64.hpl) there is a timing cut "event" that lasts for right about .8/sec killing the run. I changed NOTHING. Any ideas/clues?

3rd run 9.38.hpl
    5th run 9.64.hpl
    Last edited by barkingspud; 06-06-2023 at 08:46 AM. Reason: formatting

maybe hitting engine or transmission limiter
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    maybe hitting engine or transmission limiter
    What doesn't make sense is the fact that nothing changed from one run to the next. I've got all the source PIDs logged. :frustrated:

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspud View Post
    I thought I had this issue taken care of but apparently not. First log (3rd run 9.38.hpl) was as close to a perfect pass as you can get for the car. No issues and backed that pass up with a carbon copy. My 5th run, not so much as you'll see in the log (5th run 9.64.hpl) there is a timing cut "event" that lasts for right about .8/sec killing the run. I changed NOTHING. Any ideas/clues?

You are hitting cyl press limit - address that.

Also you need to work on your SD/torque models. MAP reports 1,65 and load reports 1,75 - should be the other way around.

Bank to bank trims are bit apart, log Rail pressure probably low and one side gets less.
    Last edited by veeefour; 06-06-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You are hitting cyl press limit - address that. - I am actually using the Cylinder Pressure Limit table for WOT timing. So, working as intended
    Also you need to work on your SD/torque models. MAP reports 1,65 and load reports 1,75 - should be the other way around. - Understand. I actually have an updated tune with a completely new SD/torque model but it hasn't fixed the timing cut issue.
    Bank to bank trims are bit apart, log Rail pressure probably low and one side gets less. - I see that and addressing it.
    Last edited by barkingspud; 06-06-2023 at 11:51 AM.

Using cyl pressure as a CAP is not a good idea as this is a limiter designed to cut hard. Recovery from it is hard and slow.
    Use a proper BRD/MBT method to achieve the best result.

Advanced Tuner
    2nd gear clutch slipping