Thread: Revs high during hot start

Tuner in Training

Revs high during hot start

Wondering if you guys could help me tame down my high revs during a hot start. Car starts and comes to the desired idle speed when the engine is cold, but it seems like the warmer the engine temp, the higher the car revs during startup. The startup log shows the engine revving to 2000 RPM, but when its hotter, I've seen it closer to 2500. Its a 2013 ZL1. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Warm start.hpl 2013-ZL1- Flex Fuel Update 8 Final.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by ta406 View Post
    Wondering if you guys could help me tame down my high revs during a hot start. Car starts and comes to the desired idle speed when the engine is cold, but it seems like the warmer the engine temp, the higher the car revs during startup. The startup log shows the engine revving to 2000 RPM, but when its hotter, I've seen it closer to 2500. Its a 2013 ZL1. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Warm start.hpl 2013-ZL1- Flex Fuel Update 8 Final.hpt
    Usually vacuum leaks or throttle body plate not closing all the way. I bet its a mechanical issue and not the tune if nothing has changed in the tune since it started happening.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Senior Tuner
    ECM 12194 Engine start up airflow is where your problem can be fixed. Yours is decently high right now especially at temp.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    ECM 12194 Engine start up airflow is where your problem can be fixed. Yours is decently high right now especially at temp.
    I initially dropped the entire table by 10% but made the cold start pretty rough, which on E85 is kinda finicky to start with. I then put that back to where it was and just started to lower the table at temp and that did help. I have a little more fine tuning but seems to be working. Thank you very much