Thread: MPVI PRo Question.

MPVI PRo Question.

I have MPVI Pro and HPT Version 2.22 for my own personal use on 2 vehicles. Many of my older tunes were lost when a laptop died. I have found one of my older tunes on a desktop at my work that l want to use to make changes in transmission because the more recent tunes extracted from this vehicle are missing some information that l want to modify.
    The tunes that were saved on my desktop at work are in HPT version 2.23 Beta, If l bring the desktop home to use one of the original tunes in the car will my MPVI Pro still work with my laptop afterward, after using version 2.23 Beta with my desktop or will it become updated somehow to version 2.23 Beta only and no longer compatible with my laptop and version 2.22 ?
    Also can l use a longer USB extension cable (say 5 or 10 metres) or would that cause problems.
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

2007 Holden Rodeo 6.0 litre conversion with 4L65E transmission.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I personally have used a 6ft usb cable on my MPVI1 device, it worked fine and I've seen people use 10ft+ cables that I haven't heard of any issues with.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks mate, for comment about 6ft USB cable. I assume that because all I can hear is crickets about the first part of my question that all will be fine and there will be zero compatibility problems for future use.
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.22 is nearly 20 years old and is no longer supported, we cannot offer you any assistance or advice when using old software.

Ok, I get it.... But I think you might really mean nearly 15 years, right ? I'm a retired diesel mechanic, so using your logic when someone asks a question about something related to my work I should just give a similar reply, I cant give an opinion or advice on that truck its probably 15 or 20 years old.

HPT 2.22.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Looks like you are right and I was wrong, its only 15 years old software you are using.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-08-2023 at 07:46 PM.