Thread: How do you make idle chop harder than Ric Flair?

Advanced Tuner

How do you make idle chop harder than Ric Flair?

What tables do you need to play around with to make idle chop hard and fast.. or just hard?

Ls7 E38.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 06-07-2023 at 03:46 PM.

From what ive read and seen, most people deal with the over/under idle adaptive tables

Spark> Idle Adaptive > over/under tables

Advanced Tuner
    I've been reading up on that too. Just didn't see any type of process for it. Change one and not the other or change both? No one really comes back to the thread(s) to say," that did it!" lol

Thanks

Tuning Addict
    There are a few different ways but they'll all start around the same basic procedures and then build up to the big one.

First Way is your basic - shift adaptive idle timing all the way to the left so it's yanking and adding timing even with 0 error and have 5ish degrees be the lowest amount. You can set this up to only be active in park or neutral and is probably your best route if you just want a little more.

Second Way is an extension of that - it combines throttle into the mix - increase your adaptive airflow under the idle rpm tab until your throttle is opening and closing rapidly - this will deteriorate your tb over time

Third Way - set it up to run in open loop at idle speed via PE settings and then command a PE level of something like 16 or 17 afr - you can loose take off and idle control with this, but it will literally make the car dance side to side when combined with the others. Beware - may wind up puking

After all of that, you may want the more natural cam lope as it's better for the car and you
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    There are a few different ways but they'll all start around the same basic procedures and then build up to the big one.

First Way is your basic - shift adaptive idle timing all the way to the left so it's yanking and adding timing even with 0 error and have 5ish degrees be the lowest amount. You can set this up to only be active in park or neutral and is probably your best route if you just want a little more.

Second Way is an extension of that - it combines throttle into the mix - increase your adaptive airflow under the idle rpm tab until your throttle is opening and closing rapidly - this will deteriorate your tb over time

Third Way - set it up to run in open loop at idle speed via PE settings and then command a PE level of something like 16 or 17 afr - you can loose take off and idle control with this, but it will literally make the car dance side to side when combined with the others. Beware - may wind up puking

After all of that, you may want the more natural cam lope as it's better for the car and you

For the natural cam lope; do you just leave the stock settings?

Tuning Addict
    Usually shift adaptives to the right 1 column, so in park and neutral you have two empty cells before any corrections start. You might also want to put something like 3 or 4 in the first cell where timing is starting - not anything in the first 2 - so it will still have a little control.

Yeah, I can't be in one of the PE fake lope tuned cars - makes me sick to my stomach - it will make it dance though even squatting the suspension side to side.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Usually shift adaptives to the right 1 column, so in park and neutral you have two empty cells before any corrections start. You might also want to put something like 3 or 4 in the first cell where timing is starting - not anything in the first 2 - so it will still have a little control.

Yeah, I can't be in one of the PE fake lope tuned cars - makes me sick to my stomach - it will make it dance though even squatting the suspension side to side.
    Thats too funny man! I don't need all that! I'm just going to let it do a little thumpin to suit the car.

Advanced Tuner

Looking at going the first route but a little confused. Do I adjust over and under tables or just the over?

Advanced Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks! I'll have a play with it.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the tips guys!

For anyone else who is wanting to make idle chop, you do change both under and over tables. example: If you changed the overspeed table to -5, you change the underspeed table to 5 and it works out nicely.