Thread: Turn off 10R80 adaptive learning

Tuner

Turn off 10R80 adaptive learning

Is there a way to turn off the adaptive learning for the 10R80 transmission? I know we can reset it using the VCM scanner, but I?d like to turn it off entirely. Ford IDS has the option.
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Yes, this can be tuned out
    Can you share how? I’ve looked and must be overlooking it. I see the Trans TCC Adaptive Switch. Is that it?

Shift pressures/General/Steady State General

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Shift pressures/General/Steady State General
    Thank you for the info. I’m still not certain on how to adjust those table to disable the adaptive learning, though. Forgive my ignorance as I’m relatively new to Ford tuning. My 2006 GMC Denali was pretty easy to tune comparatively.

Tuner in Training
    Welcome to HPT forums, where your questions will be answered with yes/no with no real substance.
    Under shift pressures/steady state general, zero out the maps. It's basically telling adaptive to not update if torque is greater than that number, so of course it will disable if you zero them out.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HSKfab View Post
    Welcome to HPT forums, where your questions will be answered with yes/no with no real substance.
    Under shift pressures/steady state general, zero out the maps. It's basically telling adaptive to not update if torque is greater than that number, so of course it will disable if you zero them out.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HSKfab View Post
    I've noticed that in the ford parts of the forum more than chevy portion. Some people like to hold their "secrets" close to their chest.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by F150Farmer View Post
    I've noticed that in the ford parts of the forum more than chevy portion. Some people like to hold their "secrets" close to their chest.
    Very true. I can see keeping all the numbers your own secret, but the "how to" part is the whole point in a forum. If not what the heck are we doing here? Like all of us are in a room just staring at each other, lmao.