Thread: Rough idle after warm when in drive stopped

Potential Tuner

Rough idle after warm when in drive stopped

2006 chevy avalanche 228/230 cam, long tubes, no cats, stock torque converter, 456 gears

After motor warmed up and coming to a stop while in drive engine start running rough like a misfire but clears up after taking off. No CEL's new plugs gapped at 40, wires, evap vent solenoid, purge valve. STFT -14 i attached mine current tune and drive log, anybody know if its looks like a tune issue or something needing to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You haven't tuned VE, among a lot of things.

Proportional and Integral RPM Error adaptive idle settings are low. Try 50 and 15.

'idle' log has good data due to channels being logged. Missing a bunch of those in the '23-06-07' log.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-08-2023 at 08:12 AM.

Senior Tuner
    VE table will probably end up looking similar to this given the cam specs. Changes are made based on a dyno graph comparison between a stock cam and 228r (228/228 .600"/.600" 112LSA). VE can be estimated from the torque curve.
    https://www.michiganmotorsports.com/...2-lq4-cam-kit/

Stock:
    avalanche stock.png

228r estimate:
    avalanche estimate 228r cam.png

Also, see how it's pulling fuel? You'd be better off with the stock MAF curve. MAF DTC's were disabled? No reason to have LTFT disabled, either.

VE estimate and mentioned changes are attached. Should give you a pretty good starting point if you want.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-08-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Potential Tuner
    im having the same issue and i tried using the russ k stuff and lowbuck. my desired idle air was asking for 40g/s. with 180-212 coolant temp. new and confused.

Advanced Tuner
    start a new thread with mods list that has details and include tune and log in that tread as well. youll get more help that way.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for all the info! still learning the whole tuning thing its alot. i was able to upload the tune you sent me fuel trim are alot better, now just seems like my rpms are too low in gear at idle w/ ac other than that seems alot better than were i was. trying to get a log to upload but had a busy weekend will hopefully get one today or tomorrow.

Potential Tuner
    Update.

Well after a little more digging around think my issue may be more than just tune (sirusc1024 has the truck running a lot better). While I had it running picked up on my main wiring harness going to the motor and the truck died, also have history code showing communication loss… appears I have wiring issues to track down now.

Senior Tuner
    You should still tune the VE. The table I made is just an estimate. A good one, but still an estimate.