Thread: 217 Cruze Premier 1.4 Turbo LE2 MAF Tube size

Advanced Tuner

217 Cruze Premier 1.4 Turbo LE2 MAF Tube size

I have a 2017 LE2 standalone engine with the MAF mounted in a 3.0" tube. Can someone tell me what size the stock MAF tube is???

Several Internet sources say the factory tube is 3.0" OD.
    Last edited by sprinto7; 06-10-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Its 2.75" ID. The distance between the bottom flange of the MAF to the inside of the tube is 3/4". When the MAF is bolted in, the sensor bottom is 7/8" from the bottom of the tube.

I am using a LE2 in an off-road buggy. Ive been following a few of your posts on this engine. How far have you gotten and what problems do you have left? Maybe we can bounce ideas back and fourth because there aren't many people playing with this platform.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrymaxx View Post
    Its 2.75" ID. The distance between the bottom flange of the MAF to the inside of the tube is 3/4". When the MAF is bolted in, the sensor bottom is 7/8" from the bottom of the tube.

I am using a LE2 in an off-road buggy. Ive been following a few of your posts on this engine. How far have you gotten and what problems do you have left? Maybe we can bounce ideas back and fourth because there aren't many people playing with this platform.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have it running on the test stand, no BCM, TCM, or FPCM. BIG turbo, but with no load all I've seen is about 4 PSI boost.
    Cycled it through several heat cycles and I think all the air is out of. MAF is in 3" tube and calibrated as well as I can with no load.
    Running VSS odd Cam Position Sensor. That allows me to take to MAX RPM limit.

Now I'm going to take it off the stand and test my Volt/Cadillac ELR/Sonic iron block engine with the same turbo.

If anyone wants a ready (almost) to run, stand alone, LE2 send an Email to ([email protected]}

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have it running on the test stand, no BCM, TCM, or FPCM. BIG turbo, but with no load all I've seen is about 4 PSI boost.
    Cycled it through several heat cycles and I think all the air is out of. MAF is in 3" tube and calibrated as well as I can with no load.
    Running VSS odd Cam Position Sensor. That allows me to take to MAX RPM limit.

Now I'm going to take it off the stand and test my Volt/Cadillac ELR/Sonic iron block engine with the same turbo.

If anyone wants a ready (almost) to run, stand alone, LE2 send an Email to ([email protected]}
    Very cool. Going to do the same thing with the iron block version? FYI a subaru flywheel bolts up to these with very minimal modifications if you need to run a bigger clutch on the LE2. The older iron block motors have a different flywheel bolt pattern I think if your talking LUU/LUV.

I am in the same boat running an AUTO firmware and I cant rev it out all the way. Which pin did you run the cam signal to to simulate VSS? Pin 63 on connector X3? Any strange idle activity with vehicle speed never reaching zero?

Appreciate the help!