Thread: maf to ve tune

maf to ve tune

background-ontiac g8with lsa blower. email tune by patg. due to respect and intellectual properties ....i dont think i should post the /his tune!.
    i havent contacted him since second tune ,
    seems like a maf tune as dynamic cuts at 500rpm re enables 400..... but maybe was just for logs and i never finished the/his tuning procedure. it was winter and i stored.
    it runs good. really good apart from startup.....seems/smells rich (note "no catalytics). ....startups is rich.... sputters a bit then smoothed out
    ......so i reduced maf scale y 5% throughout and seems alot better ....especially at startup. no more sputter-catches and runs good . seems bit more lope. Mind you Has btr stage 2 fi cam ... but still ok
    only did 1 send back of log last year..... wasnt clear on how many logs i had to send back before fully tuned . with the whole covid thing and limited driving/winter, i stored and never sent back another log for adjustments.

This summer I'm back driving ... I'm going to install a 2.55 upper pulley but would like to sort out tune before proceeding,.... didnt contact him yet this year
    is there a way to fill out a virtual ve table on e38 from a maf tune? any danger as forced induction? i want to run blended tune. in case maf fails... and heard its better for idle and altogether !
    should i just go ahead and install the 2.55 upper and then do the ve tune?
    my id1050, new HO fuel pump etc. should be adequate i hope?,,, my intercooler and brick are stock zl1 ......but at this minimal increase in boost should i really worry? no drag. street driven....should i change something else ?
    any advice apreciated

Awful hard for anybody to offer advice when no one's allowed to see where the tune currently is. You're going to have to choose - either stick with the previous guy, or learn to figure it out all on your own with no help, or start over from scratch with a stock file you're allowed to post in public and get advice from others.

Have your brick reinforced. Also, you don't want to do any tuning if you are going to pulley down. Pulley down first, then tune for it.

+1 on the tune post. If you want help you are going to have to pull back the curtain. He may have tuned it, but you paid for it and own it. I'm sure all of the Pro tuners on here that help have seen a PatG tune.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Hell, I have a few of his tunes in my personal repository.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    lol, nothing special about anyone's tune. Just gotta know how to "massage her correctly" to make her happy! ;-)
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Senior Tuner
    If you don't have the confidence to start tuning it yourself it might not be a bad idea to let him finish it for you. There's no shame.. this is complicated work.

Otherwise dump the injector data in. Double check your work. Take some timing away from it specifically in the high mass/cyl range and start tuning away. I prefer doing LSA stuff in VVE first because they otherwise can have some tip in lean issues. Also when pullied way up accelerating on the highway without a downshift can be better if done in VVE first.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    If you don't have the confidence to start tuning it yourself it might not be a bad idea to let him finish it for you. There's no shame.. this is complicated work.

Otherwise dump the injector data in. Double check your work. Take some timing away from it specifically in the high mass/cyl range and start tuning away. I prefer doing LSA stuff in VVE first because they otherwise can have some tip in lean issues. Also when pullied way up accelerating on the highway without a downshift can be better if done in VVE first.
    not to hijack the thread, but i'm having those same issues with the lean tip in (slightly)...is that the best way to correct that via the VVE?

Senior Tuner
    A wideband and often you can find the spots if you try to accelerate hard but not hard enough for a downshift on the freeway. Or the dyno. Just becareful on a dyno.. people underestimate how much cooling over the entire car you have even at 50 mph and how it's impossible to do that indoors.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    ^^^^ People actually laugh when I show up to dyno shops and tell them I want fans blowing through the grilles and at least 2 underneath focused on the fuel tank on top of the normal exhaust fans going I have boiled the fuel in a corvette tank before VVE tuning a turbo charged setup. I recommend watching evap tank pressure if you can doing it that way...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC