Thread: Scanner dosen't work

Tuner in Training

Scanner dosen't work

Scanner reading incorrectly I am using 2.1.16.0 on the chart it reads 76 g/cyl and on the timing and knock histogram it reads 40 g/cyl can anyone advise why.

John L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    probably similar or identical to this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10326

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Histogram problem

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    probably similar or identical to this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10326

Thanks for the response I did see this post and my tune is speed density.

My problem is a little different my chart view logs and reads correct say a 2 degree knock at 4800rpm @ 76 g/cyl When viewed in the histogram it places it at 4800 @ 40 g/cyl with absolutely no information above 40 g/cyl niether knock or timing degrees.

Kieth said "looks like you got your MAF sensor unplugged but you are still logging it.. remove it and you'll be ok.." not sure what he means by "remove it"?
    Your thoughts please

John L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    remove the parameter. If you post the hpl file i can tell you much easier what you need to do rather than guessing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    remove the parameter. If you post the hpl file i can tell you much easier what you need to do rather than guessing.
    I have had a response from Chris and he has indicated the same I assume "THE PARAMETER" is "mass air flow (SAE) (g/cyl)" I will try this today, by all indications this should work.
    Thanks for the help
    John L