Thread: Need Help

Tuner in Training

Need Help

Hello, I need some help tuning as I am totally new to the LS platform. Engine is a 2007 6.0 stage 2 cam/springs in an 89' S10. Egine starts right up, idles, cruises fine. The problem is that it stalls when coming to a stop and boggs severely when mashing the throttle. This is my first data log so hopefully I did everything right. Thanks, Larry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixman98 View Post
    Hello, I need some help tuning as I am totally new to the LS platform. Engine is a 2007 6.0 stage 2 cam/springs in an 89' S10. Egine starts right up, idles, cruises fine. The problem is that it stalls when coming to a stop and boggs severely when mashing the throttle. This is my first data log so hopefully I did everything right. Thanks, Larry
    It's very rich. The VE table needs to be dialed in for sure. Post your current tune when you get a chance.

Advanced Tuner
    Just need more airflow or idle controls to start at a higher mph. Dialing in your fuel trims will help some too

Tuner in Training
    It's the factory tune with the exception of VATS and supposedly changes made to accomodate the new cam. Not done by me. lol

Senior Tuner
    Heads up.. There is a MAF code.. its in speed density mode and the fueling changes will happen in the VE table until you can get the MAF on board.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Hey there Alvin. Can you elaborate? How do I get out of Speed Density to "get the MAF back on boarad"?

Advanced Tuner
    you need to go to the engine diag tab > airflow > MAF fail hertz set to 13500
    then engine> airflow>dynamic> high rpm disable > set to 4000 (unless youre running MAF only then set to 100)

Senior Tuner
    Hey there Alvin. Can you elaborate? How do I get out of Speed Density to "get the MAF back on boarad"?
    Typically if the VE stuff is wildly off from the MAF it will throw a P0101 code. You can increase this window before the diag trips but the real fix is to tune the VE stuff with the MAF deliberately disabled, then re enable the MAF and tune it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    I disabled the MAF according to a vid from Goat Rope Garage. This tune did stop the engine from stalling, but there is still a bad stumble on acceleration. So one problem is fixed. Tune is attached. I'm trying to find a good video on how exactly to tune the VE Table. There's so much conflicting info out there. Some say you have to have a Wideband and some say Narrowband are fine to tune with. Thanks for your help thus far.

Advanced Tuner
    I disabled the MAF according to a vid from Goat Rope Garage. This tune did stop the engine from stalling, but there is still a bad stumble on acceleration. So one problem is fixed. Tune is attached. I'm trying to find a good video on how exactly to tune the VE Table. There's so much conflicting info out there. Some say you have to have a Wideband and some say Narrowband are fine to tune with. Thanks for your help thus far.
    There is no ONE WAY to tune things. opinions vary and so do techniques. The end goal is the same however. I tune VE in OL STFT, but i know other people like LTFT+STFT or wideband or LTFT....Personally i feel i get better and more responsive results going OL STFT and the way i see it is, if LTFT is an everage of STFT then why not tune the main set of numbers that are getting averaged. The closer they are to 0 the less error LTFT has to correct for when re enabled. WOT and PE has to be done with a wideband though...