Thread: Custom Features??

Tuner in Training

Custom Features??

What's the consensus as of now? Anyone successfully flashed their car with them and not bricked their ECU? I've been patiently waiting since I got my STI to be able to add launch control without destroying my ECU in the process, any success stories to make me less scared? LOL

Tuner in Training
    My experience with this was posted on the other thread called "Subaru Update Coming Soon".

However... after meeting with a couple of HPTuners representatives a few months ago, they noted that the issue I experienced was due to using an older version of the Beta software.

Once I get my old ECU back from them from "unbricking" I will test it and let everyone know.

Kevin

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, good luck!

I have successfully flashed the custom features on my 2020 STi. I have both launch control and no lift shift enabled and both work. I've adjusted spark tables and I've tuned wastegate/boost. I've also successfully made changes to avcs/ cam control. The only thing I've found that doesn't work at this point is idle rpm, making changes to that doesn't work even though it seems to take the change. I haven't tried changing injector data yet, but I will be playing with that soon. I will also note I an very diligent about checking for updates, every time I user the software I check for a new version.

Tuner in Training
    What's the specific issue with the idle? Would you mind posting a video?

I am unable to change the idle RPM. I prefer a bit higher rpm for idle, I've changed idle rpm in my tune file but it just continues to idle as factory. I'll try to post a video up tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah that's weird. I think I have my idle at 950-1,000, and it works great on my MAF/Non-Custom Features map. I agree, I think it's easier to leave from a stop with a slightly higher idle. Overall, I think these cars are happier with a couple hundred RPM bump in idle speed.

Tuner in Training
    have you messed with injector data yet?

Tuner in Training
    Successfully installed the custom features (no lift shift and launch control) on a 2017 STi, also was able to do some VE tuning that improved down low drivability. No issues, no brick. Running most up to date VCM editor 5.0.4

Tuner in Training
    How adjustable is the launch control? Are we able to make it spark cut/fuel cut/both? Is there a parameter for cut zone timing and add/subtract fuel?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrysTrans View Post
    Successfully installed the custom features (no lift shift and launch control) on a 2017 STi, also was able to do some VE tuning that improved down low drivability. No issues, no brick. Running most up to date VCM editor 5.0.4
    Are you in Beta or Stable version?

Tuner in Training
    Update: I finally convinced myself to add the custom features, so far so good on the most current version of VCM editor in stable mode. Launch control does not let you select spark cut or fuel cut, it's fuel only which is NOT ideal. With the timing set way low, I cant even manage 10lbs on my stock turbo, not to mention the danger of pulling all the fuel away at WOT and positive boost. Would really like to see a spark cut option added. NLS seems really finnicky, maybe it's just my car but it's only worked once on the 1-2 shift, maybe twice on the 2-3 and 3-4 shift, but works every time on the 4-5 shift (which is the most unnecessary one).