Thread: Trans shift MPH question and over all tune inspection

Tuner in Training

Trans shift MPH question and over all tune inspection

My sons car 2013 Caprice PPV, He has 245/40's on the back and 245/45s on the front, I used the rears to generate by blue cat data, could that be my issue? I have about 3 weeks of HP Tuners experience. (dont mind the idle spark, he wanted max chop *20 year olds)

The log is more than a 1-2 shift as you'll see so it's titled wrong. So I attempted to get the shift RPM to 6500 using blue cat but something isn't right, the 1-2 shift was great but just over 6k, the 2-3 shift was heavily delayed. At first i thought it was because the shift MPH was 65 mph on the 2-3 shift but then i looked at the 1-2 shift and that one was made at 38 MPH while being set at 33 MPH, so thats not likely it unless the computer just had more time to catch the 2-3 vs the 1-2. Also I had logged the timing at around 28*, I swore I set that at 22* max but there may be a modifier adding it. Obviously an n/a 10.4:1 engine has no business having that much advance even with E70, pretty sure I lost power there by over advancing it. Wideband showed up today but haven't figured out where i'm going to fit it on the stock manifold yet. Only mods are a DIY CAI, texas speed stage one cam (225/236 .629"/615" 114 LSA, 109 ICL), E70, and the exhaust only has the main cats and an xpipe. other than that no real mods to speak of outside of the half ass tune i have going on it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Move your RPM limiter up so it can complete the shifts without hitting the 6100rpm limit. Also, log your cylinder airmass and knock retard. That is going to show your cylinder airmass is dropping after peak torque and you need to lower your higher rpm spark in that area to command the 22degrees you want.

Tuner in Training
    Will do, thanks for the reply, so my PIDs look good other than adding those two? I swore i was logging knock retard but i guess not. Is there a different config file youd use for trans fine tuning or is this plus the additions enough? Thanks again for the reply.

Tuner in Training
    You called it, extreme cutoff was set at 6,100

Tuner in Training
    CaptureHPtuners.PNG Also can I bump this up independently from shift MPH a bit? To say.....6,500?
    Last edited by NoStepOnSnek; 06-13-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Updated some new logs
    Attached Files Attached Files