Thread: GM v6 3.6L L36 me9.6 - Low/mid rpm throttle closures - How do I tune the torque maps?

Potential Tuner

GM v6 3.6L L36 me9.6 - Low/mid rpm throttle closures - How do I tune the torque maps?

Hi everyone

I'm trying to tune a V6 L36 3.6L ME9.6 ecu and I cant seem to deifier the load/ torque management in hp tuners. I'm getting throttle body closures at low rpms and haven't been able to work out exactly whats going on yet.

ECM Titanium didn't shed much light either. I feel like my only option is the get started on Winols?

Has anyone had this issue and been able to tune the limiting out? Is there a course on the 3.6L gm me9.6? I haven't seen any info about tuning this ecu other than for SAABs

If I work out what's going on I'll do a post explaining how to tune this problem out

Cheers,

Potential Tuner
    Found the issue! I will link a post on how to fix the issue when i finish tuning. There is a throttle limiting map, nothing to do with torque maps. Gained zero power once throttle was 100% but good to know there's no restrictions!

Potential Tuner
    Having the same issue on the E39 ECUs as well, I?ve never used WINOLS, are you able to provide information on how to read and write on the ECU