Thread: Updates to the 68RFE NGC4

Potential Tuner

Updates to the 68RFE NGC4

https://www.hptuners.com/articles/an...zfIyWCB1hS2hIM

Anybody messed around with it? these odd year 3rd gens have been a PIA to tune.

Potential Tuner
    Anybody got any useful info? I?m an amateur at this and I?m trying to learn. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training db.charlie@yahoo.com's Avatar
    6 gear lock up.pngthrottle interpret.png

In the newest update for the 68rfe, it looks like they updated the axis for the throttle interpret and the torque converter lockup/unlock tables from throttle percent to throttle degrees. however, none of the PIDs that I can log will follow throttle percent or degree accurately? Does anyone know what PID you are supposed to log to see throttle degree?

Also, in the throttle interpret table, it says that 100% throttle is 89.9* but in the torque converter tables, the axis go all the way up to 134.4*. Are they mapped correctly and if so, why is there such a large difference between them? the lock up tables used to read 100% throttle in the cells where it now says 134.4*

134.4 degrees is correct for max possible value

Tuner in Training db.charlie@yahoo.com's Avatar
    What PID can I log to view actual throttle angle?

Based on the throttle table, anything over 89.9* is considered 100%?

Not sure which PID or if it?s available. That throttle % to throttle angle table isn?t used in everything either from what I can remember when I was picking apart the transmission code for my 2012.

Looks like they also added a 3rd gear lockup enable in the general settings. Wish they would also add a 2nd gear lockup as well for really heavy loads or low speeds in tow/haul. But it's still nice to not have to fool the TCM into locking up in 3rd by manually shifting it.