Thread: 6l80 tuning as preventative maintenance

Potential Tuner

6l80 tuning as preventative maintenance

Hello everyone,

I know absolutely nothing about tuning, but in an attempt to maintain my 2017 5.3 Silverado I fell into this rabbit hole of 6l80 torque converter failures and it seems HP tuners is the only software solution I could find since Diablo tunes don't change TCC gears/points etc.

Would it be safe and easy for someone with no tuning knowledge to apply these few changes just to help with transmission longevity?

Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    It's not terribly bad. There are people that can help you with it if you need.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tmenzz View Post
    Hello everyone,

I know absolutely nothing about tuning, but in an attempt to maintain my 2017 5.3 Silverado I fell into this rabbit hole of 6l80 torque converter failures and it seems HP tuners is the only software solution I could find since Diablo tunes don't change TCC gears/points etc.

Would it be safe and easy for someone with no tuning knowledge to apply these few changes just to help with transmission longevity?

Thank you!
    Yes relatively easy @Cringer has some excellent videos on his YouTube channel called SilverSurfer.