Thread: copying 1 tune file exactly to another similar Car

copying 1 tune file exactly to another similar Car

Hi everyone just want to ask a basic question......i have a Ford ranger 2018 3.2 with a Sid209 ECU..... i have a tune file i would like to upload to my brother in law's car that he has the exact mods i have done....He to has a Sid209 ECU but it is a 2017 model.....my question is can i just write my own Read file with all my past Fuel and Boost settings on his similar Sid209 ECU ?

or it will not work because my Read file has specific information like Vin number ECU serial number and other specific different car information numbers Different to my brother In laws car ?? the other thing i can only figure out how to do this is read his stock factory file and go thru ALL his maps and just copy and past everything onto his Stock factory tune ?

Tuner in Training
    I believe you have to convert the hpt file to a bin and update the VIN then back to hpt for upload.

Option two is to use his base file and copy over all the differences through the compare section. You can copy over everything in one or two clicks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jetskier; 06-21-2023 at 02:48 PM.