Thread: AFR gets very lean at revving

AFR gets very lean at revving

Hi
    I have been trying to figure out this issue ever since I replaced my stainless steel intake tube with an aluminum cold air intake & changed my stock injectors LS6 28lbs with Fuel Injector Connection 42lbs Bosch injectors. I am using the LS7 style MAF sensor. Currently, I have bypassed the MAV and running on Speed Density.

I have incorporated the new injectors data, and I am running a return style fuel system with Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator set at 58psi when the vacuum line is disconnected.

I have attached my log as well as the tune file hoping somebody can help in identifying what causes this very lean condition (maxing out the wideband) when revving.

I have noticed from the log that sometimes the TPS was not changing while revving, and I assume this might be the reason for high lean readings.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 68camaroLS6; 06-21-2023 at 04:00 PM.

Anybody??

Tune is set up for MAF-only (Engine > Airflow > Dynamic: High RPM Disable = 1 Hz) with the MAF failed (Engine Diag > Airflow: MAF Fail High = 0 Hz). Those two things are not compatible.

Also you have the Injector Flow Rate table correct for that type regulator, but you put in the Offset vs Volts vs VAC data as if it was returnless. You should use only the 0 kPa column all the way across, the same way you did the flow rate data.

If you're actually opening the throttle in those logs, you need to figure out why the TPS isn't working. Key on engine off, connect the scanner, monitor TPS while slowly sweeping the pedal. If it doesn't go up to at least 4 volts, it's got a bad sensor or it's pinned wrong at the connector or bad wiring.

DTCs can be useful, I don't know why so many of them were changed to No Error.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    If you're actually opening the throttle in those logs, you need to figure out why the TPS isn't working. Key on engine off, connect the scanner, monitor TPS while slowly sweeping the pedal. If it doesn't go up to at least 4 volts, it's got a bad sensor or it's pinned wrong at the connector or bad wiring.

DTCs can be useful, I don't know why so many of them were changed to No Error.
    The reason why I am doubting there is an issue with TPS as well is because I noticed the TPS value is 0% even though I am holding the throttle at lets say 1300rpm.

I am waiting for the new TPS to arrive and will see.

Tune is set up for MAF-only (Engine > Airflow > Dynamic: High RPM Disable = 1 Hz) with the MAF failed (Engine Diag > Airflow: MAF Fail High = 0 Hz). Those two things are not compatible.
    I got it, I put the High RPM disable back to 4000.

Also you have the Injector Flow Rate table correct for that type regulator, but you put in the Offset vs Volts vs VAC data as if it was returnless. You should use only the 0 kPa column all the way across, the same way you did the flow rate data.
    Ok, I have copied the 0 KPa column and pasted it across the entire table.

Will write the tune and see how it runs.

You can fix all the messed-up stuff in the file (and you should) but if the TPS isn't changing with throttle movements, nothing in the tune file is going to fix it.

You can fix all the messed-up stuff in the file (and you should) but if the TPS isn't changing with throttle movements, nothing in the tune file is going to fix it.
    Noted. Thanks man