Thread: 2014 6l80e lodging trans slip

Advanced Tuner

2014 6l80e lodging trans slip

Can I use just the Trans Slip RPM pid to log trans slip. Or doing I need to log the
    Input speed / Output speed - current gear. Or what ever it is.

I got a L86 heads cam forged pistons. With a rebuilt trans with warranty left. And the trans shop is saying it?s shifting fine. If it falls out bring it back nothing is wrong with it. But three times it has thrown a generic P0700 and locked it?s self in 3rd or 4th. And won?t come out of it even if you try to use manual mode. It takes me scanning it clearing the codes and cutting the truck back on. Then it will drive fine again. It happen once pulling a trailer, once passing a car on an on ramp just rolling into the throttle and finally I hammered it let off then 1/2 mile later lugged up a hill and set it off.

Senior Tuner
    Is that the only code? Usually there is another one. Read the DTC's from the TCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Didn?t have my laptop with me just a cheap scanner. I?m carrying it with me now for when it does it again.

Advanced Tuner
    Trans Slip RPM seems to do it. Now I just need to load up the trailer and see if I can get it to slip. It seem like it's doing it ever time I roll into the power with out it down shifting and I think 4th gear is the problem area. Then it goes into safety mode and won't change gears at all.