Thread: On3 single turbo coyote spark goes negative at wot .

Potential Tuner

On3 single turbo coyote spark goes negative at wot .

Hello, i am relatively new to tuning and this is my first boosted coyote i am working with, for some reason it appears that at wot the car will go into negative spark values , it seems to be referencing all the correct sources but is ignoring or modifying my spark to negative values. Please advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    So immediately I notice your in torque control for spark source and you have lots of throttle angle error. Torque control is not the correct reference you want to see in spark source. generally borderline is good for spark source when WOT. Did you start with a base tune? What mods does the car have? What have you done to the tune?

Potential Tuner
    The section of the log I was looking at had spark borderline , torque source was driver demand and vct was op.I started off a stock file , it?s an on3 single , return style fuel system with id1050x , and stock manifold with lockouts. So far I?ve dialed idle and part throttle areas of the maf curve , set up a low initial timing of 14* peak and initial cam targets.

Advanced Tuner
    You capped the timing at 14* globally is what you're saying?

Tuner
    post your tune and you should log "Engine Brake Torque". Its says its requesting 370 ft/lbs torque with 60 lbs/min airflow at 3500rpm, that does not add up. Did you scale up your torque tables? and is there a reason you locked out your IMRC?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    post your tune and you should log "Engine Brake Torque". Its says its requesting 370 ft/lbs torque with 60 lbs/min airflow at 3500rpm, that does not add up. Did you scale up your torque tables? and is there a reason you locked out your IMRC?
    i think that jump to 60 was because the turbo started spooling and putting some boost into the motor but the timing being retarded pretty much didn't let it accelerate. imrcs were locked because with boost didnt want possibility of breaking them. i did not scale the torque tables, i took that class at the tuning school for coyote stuff and pretty much went by their book on all this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    That wasn't what he meant. 60lbs is not 370 ft lbs.
    This car shouldn't be driving. Does the car have stock intake manifold?
    Your torque/inverse tables are none bonr stock. You need to rescale and recalculate for the expected load and power.
    Is the maf housing in a 3 inch tube? You're also real rich.
    You haven't went over all your limiters. Driver demand needs adjusted as well.
    Alot needs to be adjusted still.

Potential Tuner
    Yes it has a stock manifold , maf housing is 3.5 inch . I
    Fattened up the maf curve to try to make sure it would be on the rich side initially for safety. Can you recommend where I can study that process for correctly adjusting the torque and torque inverse tables , they didn?t touch on that really much at all in the class and I?d like to understand the process better .

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I don't think they touch on that at all from what I've heard. There are a lot of calculations you can do yourself on excel or you can use the calculator in the editor. It's in file or edit, one of the menus in the top bar has it. I would start there.

The inverse calculation is between the two sets of tables. Indicated calculates with inverse and with the 3d models opened at the same time should show a mirror reflection between the two. The axis and cell in the same row of indicated is calculated with the axis in inverse to = the air load you have in the inverse tables cell.

There are good threads on the forums where they go in depth. Its easier because you're turbo so you can keep the rows from stock. You'll just have to move them up in the table so you can rescale and populate the table for higher loads.
    I'd disable a lot of the mapped points and just run 7 of them to keep the adjustments/table editing to a minimum. There's a lot of work involved. You can send a message if you want.. I'm on the phone right now typing this up.

Potential Tuner
    I pm?d you thanks

Hit me up if you need a working base tune.