Thread: can someone please help me with a motorcycle issue please rough idle

Potential Tuner

Exclamation can someone please help me with a motorcycle issue please rough idle

hello,

While idling, the motorcycle RPM does not stay at 1000, it goes up and down by 100rpm so from 900 rpm to 1100 rpm all the time.

It doesnt feel right because the handlebar vibrates a bit during this RPM jumping and it was not happening when the bike was new, bike is still fairly new at 10,000miles or 16000km on odometer.

Should I clean the throttle bodies?

OR

Is here someone who can guide me up on how to do edit map table so I can add little bit of fuel while the bike is idling. I know how to flash the ECU and I have all the tools required to edit map and flash it, please check information from the factory manual

thanks so much

I uploaded a video of whats going on

https://youtu.be/89XEkFUpCLQ
    Last edited by imcool; 06-21-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Sounds to me like the AICV is not operating/set properly, you can adjust how reactive it is in the tune file, if you have the hardware/software for your bike.
    It could also be several other things mechanical, like an air intake issue or leak. Head gasket leak,,,ect.....
    No engine will stay right on the idle point at all times, but if it is fluctuating more then what would be normal, then I would make sure there are no mechanical issues then start looking at electrical then the tune files.
    Last edited by PaulsCycleShop; 06-22-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulsCycleShop View Post
    Sounds to me like the AICV is not operating/set properly, you can adjust how reactive it is in the tune file, if you have the hardware/software for your bike.
    It could also be several other things mechanical, like an air intake issue or leak. Head gasket leak,,,ect.....
    No engine will stay right on the idle point at all times, but if it is fluctuating more then what would be normal, then I would make sure there are no mechanical issues then start looking at electrical then the tune files.
    How can I make it idle at 1020rpm rather than 1000rpm? I am sure nothing wrong with air intake, leak etc because all has been checked recently as per factory manual specs.
    The reason i want to increase the rpm by 10 or 20 is because the handlebar vibrates a bit at those RPMs in the video, so my theory and assumption is that if I make 1020rpm then handlebar will stop vibrating?
    How can I do that in ECU tune file , I have the ecu tune file + hardware + software to retune the bike