Thread: Trans Gear Select PID?

Advanced Tuner

Trans Gear Select PID?

It's available in the Table View under PID -> Transmission -> General, but not available in the graph view or for histograms.

How would I go about filtering 4th gear stuff to work on 4th gear load knock???

Is this a bug or not?
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't think you can filter by gear & such...never been able to from what I can remember.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I don't think you can filter by gear & such...never been able to from what I can remember.
    Don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to. You can log the gear you're in. I can see it change accordingly on the Table View 1-2-3-4-5-6 and Neutral.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Advanced Tuner
    Here is an image to better explain the issue.

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

If the "Trans Current Gear" PID comes up as 1, 2, 3, 4 then you can filter it using the "[PID#] = 4" as your filter if you wish you can also filter out all the "no knock histogram points" by adding "AND [KR PID HERE] > 0.08"
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    If the "Trans Current Gear" PID comes up as 1, 2, 3, 4 then you can filter it using the "[PID#] = 4" as your filter if you wish you can also filter out all the "no knock histogram points" by adding "AND [KR PID HERE] > 0.08"
    Well, whats the Trans Gear Select PID number?? For some reason it's not listed in the histograms PID listings.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Should be Trans Current Gear.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    [PID.4120] is the Trans Current Gear PID if I am not mistaken...
    Pacesetter LTs| Flowmaster & Custom 3" ORY
    Patriot Gold dual springs | Titanium Retainers | CM Rods
    XER 226/226 585/585 112 | MTI lid| P&P TB & MAF | TBB
    Hurst | !AIR !EGR | Built T56 | 01-02 Slave cyl.
    '04 GTO A4 Black/Red | Free Mods | 13.2 @ 106 1.9 60' every time

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stone
    [PID.4120] is the Trans Current Gear PID if I am not mistaken...
    Nothing... doesn't work.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

I wish I could filter out by gear, but my car doesn't support it
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    I wish I could filter out by gear, but my car doesn't support it
    I'm assuming if the car logs gears as mine does, then you should just be able to filter out that specific PID. Unfortunately I do not see it available in the histos.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Senior Tuner
    chris, i exported your log to excel so i could do some by gear histos myself, and no go either, the gear is stuck on 0 in all cells. booo

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    I'm assuming if the car logs gears as mine does, then you should just be able to filter out that specific PID. Unfortunately I do not see it available in the histos.
    I can log that PID, but it is meaningless on my car...the PCM has no idea what gear I'm in.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Senior Tuner
    Current Gear only works on Autos, since it has actual "sensors" to monitor what gear it is in. Mostly due to pressures and such, where as M6s you are the shift/pressure/TCC tables. The 2002 ZO6 I recently did always showed 3rd gear during driving sessions (IIRC).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Current Gear only works on Autos, since it has actual "sensors" to monitor what gear it is in. Mostly due to pressures and such, where as M6s you are the shift/pressure/TCC tables. The 2002 ZO6 I recently did always showed 3rd gear during driving sessions (IIRC).
    I tend to disagree.... the capability to log gears is there. Take a look at the picture and the thumbnail in this post and you'll see 6th gear.... of course it changes. Attached is the log with gears being logged also... take a look at it.

2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Advanced Tuner
    Chris,
    Do you know who you got that log from? I'm thinking that maybe they wrote a custom pid that calculates gear ratio from vehicle speed and RPMs.

Tim

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bullygoat
    Chris,
    Do you know who you got that log from? I'm thinking that maybe they wrote a custom pid that calculates gear ratio from vehicle speed and RPMs.

Tim
    That's my log... took it yesterday actually. There is nothing custom about the PID. If you look at the screenshot in post 3, you'll see where it's available at. It may be an LS2 GTO thing. Maybe Chris or Keith can elaborate on this.

I attached the config file... maybe that helps.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

Mods:

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ