Thread: VCM download data missing file

VCM download data missing file

I have a new laptop and HPT seems to not load completely. I have the old school professional version HPT. When I go to download the program it seems for the older units there is a file missing in the the software. My operating system for my laptop is as follows:

Windows 11 Home
    Version 22H2
    Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
    System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

After looking at the system requirements it appears that the Laptop is strong enough to use unless I've misunderstood the requirements.
    Every time I download the files it comes back with this error: Editor.HPTdb was not found. You will be unable to view or edit any files. You must reinstall the software.

After I delete the software and reinstall its the same old error message again. I'm hoping this isn't an attempt to get me to purchase the newer version. I've gotten use to operating my old professional. If anyone has had this issue and fixed it please provide whatever assistance you can.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm not sure what you mean by "old school professional version HPT" but I will say that MPVI1 devices are not compatible with windows 11
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Wow! I didn't know that and yes I have the MPVI1. So do I need to upgrade my operating system to windows 12 or is it 11 or higher that it doesn't work

There is no Windows 12.... You'd have to have Windows 7... or Windows 10 at the most...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune