Thread: MIL lit up, No DTC's after reading, No MAP sensor data populating. 11 Ford Explr

Potential Tuner

MIL lit up, Permanent DTC not on MPVI3 but shows on autoparts store loaner scanner

I just used my new MPVI3 and 5.0.4 stable scanner software (AND beta software too) to read a 2011 Ford explorer 3.5L with a MIL illuminated on the dash cluster. It connects ok, and scans but throws no DTC codes, permanent or temp. The cooling fans are not coming on at idle and the car will throw a high temp warning if it runs at idle long enough (I found an old Ford service action item on this). I'm in Alaska and it hasn't gotten warm enough this year to overheat on a run down the highway.

Anyhow, does anyone know why it would not read the permanent DTC? I tried another free-rental reader from the parts store and it immediately ,showed the permanent code for "Cylinder Head High Temp", which is due to the fans not coming on and letting it overheat at idle. I'm trying to understand why I spent money for this $300 MPVI3 that will not read permanent codes that a free-rental auto store reader ($78 to buy) will. I thought I was buying something better and hoping that I did but am overlooking something.
    Last edited by AKLSGUY; 06-29-2023 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Edited out irrelevant info

My MPVI2 also do not read Ford mustang DTC, it works well on GM. how do I solve this problem ?