Thread: Closed vanes/warm up mode?

Tuner in Training

Closed vanes/warm up mode?

Hello, first time here for me.
    I recently unlocked and tuned my 2019 l5p and everything is going great with the tune I loaded besides one thing I can't figure out and hopefully you all might be able to help with a solution.
    At start up, turbo vane position is around 89%, seems normal to me as everything warms up. Then upon normal accel, vanes wide open down to about 4%. Fuelling all seems fine besides the fact that the turbo isn't introducing the right amount of air to burn right so I notice less fuel mileage. So again, I could see this would make sense while warming up, but then comes the real problem. After5-10 min driving on a warm day, all Temps or at norm operation (ect 170+, trans140), the turbo SHOULD start operating more open at idle and fluctuate more to provide boost thru each gear, but it doesn't. But (at those Temps only) , i can turn off the truck, turn it bAck on and BOOM, everything normal. Going to upload a log file of a drive please note at 5:15 duration , the truck is turned off and back on. Before and after that time, pay attention to vane position and boost, both VERY different after restart. Please if you know what I could attempt to adjust, let me know so I can try and learn! Thanks for any help BEFOREAFTER PT2.hpl
    Last edited by mrdrpepper; 06-24-2023 at 06:56 PM.

Banned
    i would have to see the tune file and do a comparison.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I've seen you before on here and appreciate you taking a look at my log. I'm going to attach my tune file here, if you wouldn't mind taking a look and possibly pointing out any discrepancies.. Any input is useful for me so just thanks for your time. And really happy with the tune, just have that ONE issue, I'm hoping it can be easy fix with the right adjustment.
    l5p sotf.hpt
    Last edited by mrdrpepper; 06-25-2023 at 07:00 AM.
    2019 Silverado 2500 High Country Duramax
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    Idk if this maybe has something to do with map and baro readings …? I notice my baro always reads 14.1-14.2 psi when baro in my area should be 14.7 . Also the manifold absolute pressure reading .2-.3 psi lower than barometric , even with engine not running . This doesn’t seem right to me and I can’t figure out how to adjust it properly
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    Seeing as no one can touch the tune, hopefully gdp can figure it out. Anybody else have a solid tune for my truck?? Would love to see it run flawlessly and more than happy to pay ..
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    I'm not an L5P expert, but there are a few desired boost tables that look wrong to me. This is one of the boost reference tables in your tune.Screenshot 2023-06-28 221458.png

Now compare to the same table in a stock tune I have (it's from a 2017 tune, I don't have a 2019 stock tune for reference).Screenshot 2023-06-28 221533.png

You can see the lower fueling areas are way lower, maybe that's your problem.
    Last edited by Lennydmaxguy; 06-28-2023 at 09:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your response How were you able to open the tune?? I can’t get into it and read my truck with it because “I’m not part of the remote hosting network “ or whatever which I assume is GDP.. I can only get into the “stock” read that loaded before it . (Which I will absolutely look at ) sorry if my questions are dumb, again very new
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    I have a program that can unlock tunes. I can send you the unlocked file if you private message your email or I can just post it here if you don't mind other people getting their hands on it.

Tuner in Training
    Wanted to update that I finally got help with an unlocked version of my tune file. Was able to get in and override mode 9, which was ultimately a “soft-warmup” emissions mode that was executing the wrong table. I figured it out myself and it runs perfectly now. Even was able to set it to where sotf slot-1 is still in “soft-warmup” mode , therefore closing the turbo vanes at idle and creating a turbo sound . The rest are overridden at the exact temperatures I specified and works perfectly . Thanks for everyone’s help
    2008 6.4 Powerstroke