Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about new tuner and tune

Potential Tuner

Questions about new tuner and tune

Hello all, new to the forum. Need some feedback on a Tuner. I have a 21 GT with H-pipe, 87mm TB, Roush CAI, Steeda axle backs. I was running a tune from Steeda on SCT tuner. Tune is good, no issues. I ran 11.65@ 124 last summer. I want to get into the 10's. I added GT350 half shafts and 1 pc driveshaft. I wanted to get a tune that can enable the transbrake. I got a MPVI3 and a bought a tune from PBD on 6/1.
    The tune they gave me sucks right now and they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. It's good for WOT drag racing. For everyday driving the car surges when you give it a little bit of throttle. From a stop the throttle is almost no response until you get to a certain point and then it jumps and takes off. it looks like you're racing from light to light. The transbrake doesn't work. I sent PBD all the logs they ask for and the process I used for the transbrake. I don't hear back for a week at time or longer. The revision they sent back didn't change anything. I sent back more logs on 6/19. I have yet to hear back .

Any advice is welcome
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    What a shame big name like them and no respect for the customer, your fix shouldn't take an hour, good luck bro hope someone can help

Potential Tuner
    I was thinking the same thing. I heard all the good things about them from YouTubers, I know they've been tuning Mustangs for years. Didn't think it would take almost a month and I don't have a tune that works yet for everyday driving.

if you are happy with the STEEDA tune, why you just only read it and enable the transbrake with the VCM Editor!?

Potential Tuner
    I thought about that. Was not sure if that would work. Steeda tune is off a BDX tuner.

Advanced Tuner
    It should read out in hpt unless it’s scrambled

i believe there gun tuner has left & starting up his own business, maybe hit him up to help out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertg View Post
    Hello all, new to the forum. Need some feedback on a Tuner. I have a 21 GT with H-pipe, 87mm TB, Roush CAI, Steeda axle backs. I was running a tune from Steeda on SCT tuner. Tune is good, no issues. I ran 11.65@ 124 last summer. I want to get into the 10's. I added GT350 half shafts and 1 pc driveshaft. I wanted to get a tune that can enable the transbrake. I got a MPVI3 and a bought a tune from PBD on 6/1.
    The tune they gave me sucks right now and they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. It's good for WOT drag racing. For everyday driving the car surges when you give it a little bit of throttle. From a stop the throttle is almost no response until you get to a certain point and then it jumps and takes off. it looks like you're racing from light to light. The transbrake doesn't work. I sent PBD all the logs they ask for and the process I used for the transbrake. I don't hear back for a week at time or longer. The revision they sent back didn't change anything. I sent back more logs on 6/19. I have yet to hear back .

Any advice is welcome
    Thanks
    You will never get into 10's with that setup, unless you do a serious weight reduction.

Hit me up if you want a good tune that works for WOT and part and TB is working there too.

Prez

Advanced Tuner
    Shitty mail order tunes from "reputable" tuners is the exact reason I tuned my own car.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah they're pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    Shitty mail order tunes from "reputable" tuners is the exact reason I tuned my own car.
    Reputable means the one that has paid for ad on ist or fb all that fake claims etc? Or do you mean us all? Should we all close down because you are coming? :O
    Last edited by veeefour; 06-27-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Think we're talking about places that put out a general file like (insert model and year) not custom remote tuning.

Except Livernois. They're legit.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-27-2023 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    And this is how it works...no need to pay high fee for ad...just ask a friend to post around yar great and best and etc...this really works LOL

Love when they reveal their true identity like this...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    And this is how it works...no need to pay high fee for ad...just ask a friend to post around yar great and best and etc...this really works LOL

Love when they reveal their true identity like this...
    It works by doing research. I've never had to do business with that company because I'm entirely DIY. The last Ford I owned was a 1991 Taurus SHO.

They've been consulted by Ford for a few projects. A few of their builds hold records. Livernois actually engineers engine upgrade components. Show me your cam kit for the 6.2 Raptor.

I don't see you offering custom cams, head porting, or the tunes matched to them. You don't even support the entire Ford lineup. Just "Mustang" lol. A cold air intake is about the limit for the NA induction upgrades you offer. I'll bet your tuning ability is similarly matched.

So, you answer your own question:
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Reputable means the one that has paid for ad on ist or fb all that fake claims etc?
    Judging by your opinions on Optimum Power and Driver Demand, continued hostility, and now hypocrisy, I'd say you've answered it sufficiently.

Potential Tuner
    I just asked for some tuning advice. No need to start throwing jabs at each other.

Advanced Tuner
    They have your money so they need to get it right or just try to read out the steeds file and add to it . Just a idea

It works by doing research. I've never had to do business with that company because I'm entirely DIY. The last Ford I owned was a 1991 Taurus SHO.

They've been consulted by Ford for a few projects. A few of their builds hold records. Livernois actually engineers engine upgrade components. Show me your cam kit for the 6.2 Raptor.

I don't see you offering custom cams, head porting, or the tunes matched to them. You don't even support the entire Ford lineup. Just "Mustang" lol. A cold air intake is about the limit for the NA induction upgrades you offer. I'll bet your tuning ability is similarly matched.

So, you answer your own question:

Judging by your opinions on Optimum Power and Driver Demand, continued hostility, and now hypocrisy, I'd say you've answered it sufficiently.
    Keep reavling yourself...you might turn into stage 2 bullshit lol

Potential Tuner
    Here's an update
    after calling them again and sending over some pictures they requested, I finally got an E85 tune that runs great. I let them know, hey the tune is great thanks now can you make the same changes for the gas tune, send it back and we should be good. Right??
    Of course now I'm being ghosted again for 3 days. I called Friday and they tell me the tuner working with me is busy working on the Dyno????.
    You would think something that takes 10 minutes to do he would have taken care of when I told him the other tune was good. Now I have to go thru this calling and eofor another week to get them to revise it. Once that's done I'm done with them.

They lost a customer with their poor customer service.

Advanced Tuner
    Think we're talking about places that put out a general file like (insert model and year) not custom remote tuning.

exactly.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertg View Post
    I just asked for some tuning advice. No need to start throwing jabs at each other.
    its ok, if veeefour doesnt like what someone says he automatically gets emotional, were use to it lol. Ive accepted its just how he is but he is pretty knowledgeable