Thread: High oil pressure after DOD delete

Potential Tuner

High oil pressure after DOD delete

After doing dod delete and upgrade to BTR stage 2 cam. I have high oil pressure. Added the Texas speed valley pan when doing delete. Changed the oil pump when delete was done and once more after due to the high oil pressure. Check engine light comes on po66d code. With scanner attached it hits 102 pressure at about 4k rpm
    2015 sierra 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Formula455 View Post
    After doing dod delete and upgrade to BTR stage 2 cam. I have high oil pressure. Added the Texas speed valley pan when doing delete. Changed the oil pump when delete was done and once more after due to the high oil pressure. Check engine light comes on po66d code. With scanner attached it hits 102 pressure at about 4k rpm
    2015 sierra 6.2
    Scoggin Dickey says the pumps have an electrical device (solenoid?) that fails to high pressure. I just did the same DOD delete on mine with Texas speed valley cover and what not, are you sure you still have good connection to that solenoid?

I did read this about the P066D code, talks about LOW oil pressure:
    If the oil pressure sensor reports that the engine oil pressure is low (when there should be higher oil pressure) or if the oil pump face is damaged, the PCM tries to minimize engine wear by turning off the oil pump drive and setting the P06DD code.

So maybe that means it sense LOW oil pressure first, then reacts by turning off oil pressure control (in an attempt to raise oil pressure) and you get high pressure
    Last edited by GapRider; 06-30-2023 at 06:34 PM.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Potential Tuner
    Yes after, doing more and correct diagnostics. Found the external plug to the oil pump solenoid was not making a good connection. Lots of Xtra work because I didn't follow the diagnostic procedures

Yes after, doing more and correct diagnostics. Found the external plug to the oil pump solenoid was not making a good connection. Lots of Xtra work because I didn't follow the diagnostic procedures
    That is awesome, always great when the smoking gun is found

Advanced Tuner
    You are talking about the plug on the front cover, or plug in the pan?

Potential Tuner
    High oil pressure could be a result of various factors, including the modification itself or issues with components like the oil pump. The P066D trouble code indicates a problem with the Turbocharger/Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit/Open, which may be related to the high oil pressure issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allans2022 View Post
    High oil pressure could be a result of various factors, including the modification itself or issues with components like the oil pump. The P066D trouble code indicates a problem with the Turbocharger/Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit/Open, which may be related to the high oil pressure issue.
    One day to go before the post is edited to add the spam links...