Thread: 3bar starter

3bar starter

Finally got all the turbo bits for my build and depending on how this week goes gonna have the shop all weekend to install it.

First turbo setup. I started a building a 3bar file but if someone could look over it and make sure im on the right track or anything i missed

I loaded the VE upto 100kpa copied the 100 line to 300 line and multiplied by 1.6 then extrapolated. dropped timing alot and entered the injector data and MAP offset.

LQ4
    706heads
    212/220 .553 107 cam
    deka 80s
    E85
    vs7875 .96
    12592525 MAP sensor

suberado 3bar sd80 FF start.hpt

I think you may have used injector data that was given in g/s, but you entered it while the table was set to lb/hr. Need to change the units in your table first and then paste in data. Change units afterwards if you'd rather have it shown as something else.

Ok didn't even think about that... will change it. Thanks

Adjusted the injector. Anything else i Jacked up?

suberado 3bar sd80 FF start.hpt

Also this is the IAT I got.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263120867935
    1. Will I need to change anything in the tune for it? It's currently reading from MAF

2. I was goin to put it in the charge pipe just after the intercooler to avoid any hot soak issues. Is there a downside to this as opposed to being in the intake?

I wouldn't try to use a MAF on this.

Manual trans, or what? I think I saw a few TCC codes didn't get set to No Error.

What fuel system/regulator type? Returnless will probably technically work, but your injectors will support more power especially on E85 with a referenced return-style system.

Spark tables will need work, it's currently neutered starting around 0.70 cylinder airmass. The factory does that as a form of limiter.

Burst Knock needs to be disabled.

EGR Airflow needs to be zeroed, along with any other tables that reference EGR.

Power Enrichment, I wouldn't do it like that. 70-80 kPa, 50% torque, 20% throttle above like 4,000 RPM. Zero out the delays. You have Boost Enrichment, use it. It will need to be richer than 1.17.

Unless your E85 is real 85% E out of a barrel, you will need a sensor. E85 sold at the pump can legally be anything with more than 50% ethanol so you never know what they're selling that particular day.

Yea I got that IAT to delete the MAF.

T56 trans

I currently have a regulator that I mounted originally by tank so it's not referenced but I can run a longer return line and relocate to engine bay. Pump is an aem 340

I do have the gm flex sensor.

Thanks

suberado 3bar sd80 FF start edit.hpt

Hows this?

is the spark still too soft in that area?

I adjusted the EQ for PE and BE. should i leave it flat like that and adjust it later for how boost comes in or will the VE adjust it?

I changed the enables and delays to what i think you were saying...

Senior Tuner
    Boost enrichment is too lean.

How rich should I set it?

Senior Tuner
    Upper 10's/low 11's.

Got it

suberado 3bar sd80 FF start edit.hpt

i fattened up the enrichments.

should i increase airmass vs tps under diag section?

For spark plugs... TR6 gapped around 30?