Thread: Bobcat UV34 Unexpected Speed Limit vs Gear Behavior

Potential Tuner

Bobcat UV34 Unexpected Speed Limit vs Gear Behavior

We are working with a MY2023 Bobcat UV34XL (Polaris engine and controls) and are attempting to increase the vehicle speed limiter without success.

We've increased the "speed limit vs gear" [ECM] 6845 values, however the vehicle will begin closing the throttle plate anything above 25mph even with accelerator pedal position at 100%. A log file of this behavior is attached. See Bobcat TD6.hpl

Reducing the speed limit vs gear values below factory works as expected and the vehicles top speed is limited to the values that we input. We just cant get above 25mph when the values are set well beyond that.

We also adjusted Torque Management values. These appear to be functioning as expected until the rogue vehicle speed limit is met and the throttle begins to close.

I've attached the factory Bobcat/Polaris calibration, a modified calibration, and log file of the behavior we are experiencing.

We were also unable to find lambda as an available logging channel within the VCM Scanner. Do these vehicles not have factory wideband lambda sensors?

HPT support was unable to assist and suggested that the issues lies within the calibration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: This has been resolved. We were using the latest stable release of VCM editor. Using the BETA release there were additional parameters available. Specifically "Farm Mode".

Thank you!

Tony Reiners
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TonyR85; 06-28-2023 at 08:55 AM.

Potential Tuner
    thank you, I was trying to figure this one out!