Thread: 2001 Audi TT Quattro MK1

2001 Audi TT Quattro MK1

I just picked my son up car:
    2001 Audi TT Quattro MK1 w/1.8 Turbo 225hp
    I looked at the Audi compatibility list and it does not show anything compatible with the MK1 (98-2004) models. Has anyone been able to use HPT with this model vehicle?
    I don't want to dump another $500-$800 on another tuner if HPT is capable of tuning this vehicle.
    Thanks
    Chris

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately your 01 Audi is not a supported vehicle, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The Audi Mk2 is supported with the 2.0 engine, why didn't HPT support the 98-04 MK1? There's a big market out there for it as I've searched and the most common tuners are:
    Unitronic
    Maestro
    ECSTuning
    Motoza
    Gonzo
    I'm just curious as to why HPT didn't cover the early 1.8 models. I'm learning about this engine and it's a very capable motor with a rod change. The 1.8 was used in various models and is capable of 300-350hp on stock rods with 500hp capable with forged rods and around 700hp with forged pistons, crank and rods......
    just a tune will hit 300+hp and other aftermarket tuners are marketing from it big time for a $500 charge. With as much $ I have invested into my MPV2 it would be great to spend another $100 credit to be able to tune my kids MK1.