Thread: fuel trims high...among other things.

fuel trims high...among other things.

02 Corvette Z06. H/C/I/E.

I just put a new set of injectors in my LS6 to replace the leaking cheapos that were on the car when I got it. FIC 36#'s (42#@ 4 bar). The old Accel's that were on it were leaky, not spraying well and a little on the small side so it was time for them to go.

I input the injector data provided, yet now I see my fuel trims are pretty high. I was attempting to revise my tune (it was never that good even when I got the car) starting with the idle, to correct throttle response, tip in, underspeed stumble and rev hang. Little by little, I'm not all that good at this yet.

Resealing the intake did cure some of the rev hang, but not all of it. Still takes too long to return to idle from a rev, to the point it makes any sort of performance driving difficult, the RPM's just dont drop fast enough mid-shift.

So now I'm noticing my high fuel trims. They werent that great before but they are pretty high now. I attached one of my warm up logs when I was pulling idle airflow data (the engine wanted more air across the board).

I guess what I am confused about is the big jump in fuel and the best way to correct it. Should I remove it via MAF frequency or is there another way (maybe I made a mistake somewhere...?) Or should I wait until I go do some MAF tuning then come back to the idle to tighten it up? Is there something I might have missed in the tune that might cause that? I do have some MAF tuning planned with a WB as soon as I weld in an extra bung tomorrow.

Lastly, unrelated...is there a legitimate reason a car with high flow cats and aftermarket exhaust would have COT turned off?
    Attached Files Attached Files

ive updated the tune file with injector data that i had. Should be good, please advise if its good for future reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also see you are logging MAF but not MAF Frequency. Be sure to add MAF Freq into your log. once you tune your MAF table you should see your STFT Come down.