Thread: Engine Fule rate Converting L/H into MG ?

Engine Fule rate Converting L/H into MG ?

Hi everyone i have been trying to figure out witch fuel maps my SID209 ECU is using...so what i am doing is logging in VCM scanner at idle and then going thru VCM ediotor and searching thru my fuel maps and trying to match the Engine fuel rate Channel L/H to a area in the fuel map where idle will be.....But its not adding up from Liters per hour(L/H) .
    i have added pictures to show this.
    .....i have a channel Engine fuel rate in L/H on idle its 0.45 L/H witch converts to 450,000mg.....How ever if you look at my Fuel map table in the Highlighted area i can only see 2.500 to 6.790Mg ? i am off by 449,995mg ? why is there such a big difference ? Engine fuel rate VCM scanner.pngFuel Map VCM editor.pngEngine fuel rate VCM scanner.pngFuel Map VCM editor.png

Need to convert flow to mass. 0.45 L/h divided by 60 gets you litres per minute, dividing that by RPM gets you litres per revolution, multiplying that by 1,000,000 gets you mg (total fuel mass to engine per revolution). I'm getting ~10.7 which would be closer to the next row down - what's your scanner say for torque? Edit: had to look it up; Google is telling me that 1 litre of fuel = 0.79 kg, not 1.00 kg, so 10.7 * 0.79 = ~8.45 mg.
    Last edited by KillboyPowerhead; 06-28-2023 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
    Need to convert flow to mass. 0.45 L/h divided by 60 gets you litres per minute, dividing that by RPM gets you litres per revolution, multiplying that by 1,000,000 gets you mg (total fuel mass to engine per revolution). I'm getting ~10.7 which would be closer to the next row down - what's your scanner say for torque? Edit: had to look it up; Google is telling me that 1 litre of fuel = 0.79 kg, not 1.00 kg, so 10.7 * 0.79 = ~8.45 mg.
    Thanks Killboypowerhead to helping me it really means alot to me you reaching out to help me.....Yeah 10.7mg Is better and 8.45 Is EVEN better i had a feeling i needed to do some RPM subtracting or dividing but wasnt too sure. thanks for helping me...... also i wanted to ask witch Torque channel should i use to see what the actual ecu torque number is ? i have soo many different torque channels i dont know witch one to choose ?