Thread: Focus ST 250 Reading and editing after COBB modification

Potential Tuner

Focus ST 250 Reading and editing after COBB modification

Hi
    I have a Ford Focus MK3.5 ST 250. There is already a modification done on the car by COBB, the previous owner did it.

I wanted to read the ECU via MPVI3 but I get a read error message and the OS has a CCF signature.
    I read the ECU through Autotuner - I made a full Backup. Is there an option to import this file to VCM Editor and later be able to save it via MPVI3?

I know that you can upload the original soft to the ECU and then it will be easily read by MPVI3, but I would not like to lose this modification that is now in the controller and only change a few things there.

Regards

The full read you did via Autotuner may be garbage as COBBs firmware is usually heavily encrypted. You'll never be able to get a read using your MPVI3 without flashing a full stock file. COBBs custom code contains custom tables and routine changes that VCM Editor may not be able to pick up on.

Advanced Tuner
    correct it wont read a cobb tune out, stock file needs to be flashed and then read out and modified.

Potential Tuner
    COBB software adds custom features like launch control, flat shift, multimap and so on. Is it possible to implement such additions in VCM editor?

No it isn't.

Tuner in Training
    Cobb is a .ptm file isn't it? Is it possible to convert .ptm to binary, and then load it into the HPtuners' translatter?