Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get more channels logged

Question How to get more channels logged

2022 RXP

I have the OS patch applied and these are all the logged channels I'm seeing when I log using MPVI3 alone. I did see throttle angle position when laptop was connected but not when logging with just the MPVI3.

hpt-channels.PNG

Man this place is dead. Is no one logging? If yes do you see TPS channel in the logs from MPVI3?

Potential Tuner
    Add channels / Engine / Accelerator & Throttle / Throttle / Throttle Angle

Quote Originally Posted by FOURCED View Post
    Add channels / Engine / Accelerator & Throttle / Throttle / Throttle Angle
    I already have that, it logs fine when laptop is connected but Throttle Angle will not log when doing stand alone logging with MPVI3 alone.

These is the channel config inside MPVI3

hptchannels.JPG

Tuner in Training ninjawarrior821's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    Man this place is dead. Is no one logging? If yes do you see TPS channel in the logs from MPVI3?
    Yeah, this place is not too lively. I've been logging Accelerator Position just fine without a laptop hooked up. I'm running the beta VCM softwares, maybe update the firmware on the MPVI3 (if that's a thing)?
    Channels.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    Yeah, this place is not too lively. I've been logging Accelerator Position just fine without a laptop hooked up. I'm running the beta VCM softwares, maybe update the firmware on the MPVI3 (if that's a thing)?

Accelerator Pedal Position is the position of the handle bar lever, the actual throttle butterfly valve position is different, that one is called Throttle Angle which logs when using a laptop but not when logging with only the MPVI3 hardware.

throttle butterfly valve position is different
    Oh, my b my b.

That would be nice to know, to see if limiters are active or whatnot.

Tuner
    try logging with a laptop and connect the scanner to the MPVI 3 via bluetooth.
    I see every channel I'm monitoring when I log like that.

Tuner
    why are you monitoring short and long term fuel trims and fuel pressure? they're not used.

Thats the whole point, I don't want to be riding on a jetski with a laptop, all channels that can be logged on laptop should be also logged via stand alone logging.

Those two unused channels are there by default, yes they are not applicable not sure why they are part of the config, I should remove them but haven't.

Tuner
    remove them, there are a lot of other channels you should be monitoring.
    as far as the computer goes, I do logging runs with the computer.. I don't ride around all day with it.

What other channels are there available? These are the only ones that show up when I do a vehicle poll.

Tuner
    What other channels are there available? These are the only ones that show up when I do a vehicle poll.
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 184750.jpg

Tuner
    and I use the graphs, they're more accurate to see what's going on... charts are useless.

For some reason MPVI3 stand alone logging is not following the channels I save in it.

These are the channels that are saved in it.

channels2.JPG

But these are the channels that are actually showing after logging.

channels1.JPG

Yeah, I've been limited to the same channels in stand alone mode, kinda a bummer.
    Took the ski out on the high sea with a laptop hooked up in the frunk, managed to shatter the usb cable when I hit a wave, will try the bluetooth mode next...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjawarrior821 View Post
    Yeah, I've been limited to the same channels in stand alone mode, kinda a bummer.
    Took the ski out on the high sea with a laptop hooked up in the frunk, managed to shatter the usb cable when I hit a wave, will try the bluetooth mode next...

Bluetooth works great!

I got the standalone to log more channels!!!
    Not exactly sure how, but here is what I did.
    1) Non-Beta VCM Scanner (Needed for Bluetooth, but not used here)
    2) Replaced the "Default.Channels.xml" with the desired channels to log when saving the channel table
    3) I hit "Resync Interface Resources" before disconnecting and going for a ride

I may have hit "Write Channel Config" too, but not after the Resync.

Hope this helps. It sure did for me, because I think my onboard bluetooth broke

I can't get it to work, I've tried everything possible. I can erase the channels, write them, read them and everything looks good the correct channels are read from MPVI3. I then go to log and all thats in the logs are the default channels not the ones that I'm literally reading from the unit.

I have a support ticket open, even have some alpha firmware on my mpvi3 and still no luck. It will only log the few default channels, not the channels that are written and can be read back. Very weird.

If you read channels from your unit does it match the channels that get logged?