Thread: Mpvi

Mpvi

Hello,Just getting into this tuning stuff with a hp tuner. I have had a mpvi sitting around for 5 yrs. Doing more ls swaps and mods now.I was wondering if i should scrap the mpvi and move up to the latest and greatest version of the hp tuner.Looking for opinions and recommendations from other members . Thanks for reading

I guess it depends on how new of stuff you are doing in my opinion. The older unit and older software lets you do more stuff than the newest MPVI3 and software. Mainly when it comes to doing certain things for swaps in vehicles if you get what I mean.

I still use the older stuff but I don't plan to tune anything newer than 2018.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply, the builds are mostly ls swaps in older cars. Presently a 65 cadi with a 6 l,4l60.Need to delete the vats, egr etc.In the future doing dod deletes on some newer stuff like you probable up to 2018 for now. New to the delete game so any suggestions would be helpful. Just started to build a bench top power pack so i can do the delete thing on ecms before install. Can i get the software down load on this site to load onto my laptop to operate the mpvi
    Last edited by phat guy garage; 07-03-2023 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added info

Current VCM suite (stable & beta) are available on the main hptuners.com site in the downloads section.

At first I thought you had downloaded the software back when you bought it, but it seems that is not the case. Just know that some of the things you may wish to do with the newest software, won't be there. Like some emissions things that you can't turn off for say a swap into a 60/70's car.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.