Thread: E78 (4th GEN GM similar to E38/E67) neutral/clutch REV limit @4K RPM

Tuner in Training

E78 (4th GEN GM similar to E38/E67) neutral/clutch REV limit @4K RPM

Hey gang, so I'm trying to get my rev limiter out of the way while launching so I can set my WOT BOX to take over, but its stuck at 4K. So that's at 0-VSS, clutch in, 1st gear, Pedal at 100%. I have combed multiple forums, emailed tuners, begged and pleaded but all to no avail . Does anyone know how to raise this limit? Attached is a log of this happening and my tune. Any help is very much appreciated.

LOG
    4047 2013 Chevy Sonic RS MT E78 ECM, log of neutral clutch rev limited at 4000.hpl

TUNE
    4047 2013 Chevy Sonic RS MT E78 ECM.hpt

6hKs2oSfaI.png

Play around with the green highlighted tables. These are my current settings.

12067 - RPM Limit Accel Thresh vs. Accel handles engine acceleration speed based on the RPM limit. It turns the soft torque limit RPM (which quickly jumps to the limit and holds) to the classic hard cut one which is handled by fuel cutoff, effectively bypassing RPM limiters. When VSS is more than 0 km/h, it's really aggressive, something else probably handles RPM limiting when VSS = 0

Edit:

I did not touch Cmd Torque Delta and Commanded Torque under misc category, maxing them out may remove RPM acceleration based torque limiting when VSS = 0. Try with Extreme Cutoff set to like 4500 RPM or something to test if it works.
    Last edited by sbarisic; 07-07-2023 at 07:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Nice Sbarisic, so your saying it is possible to remove or raise this rev limit then? I do se a few differences in your tune. Particularly the acceleration based filter coefficient, I think mine is set to .7 from the factory. I'll also go through and look at all those tables to make sure they are similar. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I am very thankful. I'm really trying to figure this out by tonight cause I'm going to the Vegas speedway to run the 1/4 tonight. I'll Let you know what happens mate. Cheers.