Thread: Am I on the right track?

Potential Tuner

Am I on the right track?

2008 Silverado VMAX 4x4. L76 6.0, 4L70e and 4.10 gears. Never tow anything, barely haul anything more than a few garbage bags. I use the tow/haul mode as a sport mode. An Airaid intake tube and filter is the only mod currently. I have Lt's and exhaust ordered. I have wideband, plugs, wires, thermostat here waiting for the exhaust to show up. 2" drop shackles sitting here waiting on the rear sway bar to show up.

I live in northern Michigan where we get lots of snow. A car with a V8 is not practical year round, so, my truck is my muscle car.

Learning from the internet videos and forums. This is my first experience with trying to tune a vehicle, Can someone please take a look at my tune and make sure I don't destroy anything?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IndyZ28; 07-09-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Can't say one way or the other without knowing more than that it's for 'a vehicle'.

Potential Tuner
    Edited with more information.

Btw, who is 'DK'?

Drift King. These kids, I dunno man... it doesn't have to be fast as long as you can fool people into thinking it is? How did that get to be the norm?

Why'd you apply the 2-bar OS? Not that it shouldn't be used N/A, just there are a lot of things that have to be sorted for it to work. It's not flash-and-play.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Why'd you apply the 2-bar OS? Not that it shouldn't be used N/A, just there are a lot of things that have to be sorted for it to work. It's not flash-and-play.
    Maybe because it's an 08?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...st-dying-issue

Potential Tuner
    Really only wanted to have better control over fans for now. Cam and DoD/AFM delete kit is next. There is a supercharger going on eventually. I just figured I'd learn on what I'll eventually be using when the SC is ready to go on. I literally just downloaded the Blue cat program and intend to take a look at it this evening when I have more time. I'm just trying to get the most out of the tune for what i have right now without going overboard. I'm mostly just trying things from the internet and see what feels better as I drive it. Here is a log from last night.

20230708_0549pm.hpl

Well your PE is kinda rich and is delayed way to late in my opinion. I would bring my eq ratio to 1.175 across the board and would try and set your delay rpm to something more realistic to around 3-4k rpm and setting your enrichment timer to 0. That should bring in your PE sooner and help with any lag that your feeling.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter