Thread: Stock gear/tire ratio vs actual

Advanced Tuner

Stock gear/tire ratio vs actual

For context:

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L 4WD (4l60e) OPT GU6 = 3.42 rear gear

Would anyone know why my stock config file shows a 30.93 tire size and a 4.10 ratio in the gear and tire wizard? When actually the vehicle has a 29.6 tire and a 3.42 rear gear. Also, under the speedo tab, it shows the trans final gear ration as 4.10, but if I put in the actual tire and gear ratio in the wizard, it changes that value to 3.42, not sure why this is, or if this is an issue. I'm sure there's a simple answer for this.

It really doesn't matter which numbers go where as long as the speedo reads correct. Some stock calibrations have the gear ratio as 1.00...

Advanced Tuner
    So the reason I noticed it, was because I was using BlueCats trans tool, and after I input variables into the tool, things like rev per mile were not the same as the stock calibration. When I input the correct tire size and gear ratio into the gear wizard, it changes everything in the stock transmission tune, including the stock trans final gear ratio. So I was conflicted on what I was doing wrong, and don't want to do anything damaging, in my attempt to get this truck to shift the way it should. I suspect everything needs to match up in both BlueCats tool, and the stock calibration before I go making changes, for it to operate properly.
    Last edited by danmw2003; 07-09-2023 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Spelling errors