Thread: Shift schedule changes

Potential Tuner

Shift schedule changes

Hello y'all.
    I did a cam and intake swap on my ls4. Trying to get it to shift at 6200 on the 1-2 and 6000 on the 2-3 @wot. It will hit the rpm but will not shift. I did change the shift points from 5950 to 6200 and 5700 to 6000, and also up the speed(mph) shift points. Am I missing something. Do I need to adjust shift pressures or time?

Thanks

Post the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tk1976 View Post
    Hello y'all.
    I did a cam and intake swap on my ls4. Trying to get it to shift at 6200 on the 1-2 and 6000 on the 2-3 @wot. It will hit the rpm but will not shift. I did change the shift points from 5950 to 6200 and 5700 to 6000, and also up the speed(mph) shift points. Am I missing something. Do I need to adjust shift pressures or time?

Thanks
    If what you?re doing is making adjustments for WOT scenarios, leave the WOT speed settings alone. As long as the vehicle exceeds the specified mph under WOT conditions, it should shift at the desired WOT rpm. If not, log speed & rpm under WOT conditions, and check your speed versus rpm. Based on your description, seems like you?re not reaching the speed that you increased.