Thread: Cuise dumps to 2nd gear at 80mph

Cuise dumps to 2nd gear at 80mph

Bluecat tuned the trans, love the shifts, the feel all of it. Acts like it should around town, but the few times we travel a year we run 80-95mph and and incline will dump trans to 2nd and redline if u let it. Crom dead stop WOT the truck shifts 2nd to 3rd at 98mph. I have lowered the aggressivenes on bluecat, dropped the rpm limit from 9000 to 5000 ( on the road atm, laptop in back so may not be proper name of what i adjusted assuming was what i needed to solve this issue). From memory there is adjustment to which gear is acceleration gear amd i believe the default is 2nd, is that what i need to change to 3rd? Scares the crap outta my wife the few times she has done it as she pays 0 attention when i tell her to not use cruise on grades.
    I dont wanna change anything else about how it performs unless i have something way off tho. I will post tune in the morning when im home tho.

Advanced Tuner
    Posting tune and a datalog helps a lot.
    Along with your tire size and such just so we can help confirm settings.

tire size is 265/70r17 , conversion calculator says 31.6. i have used bluecat on about 2 dozen trucks in the past 2 years, havent had any issues using tacoma world for tire size conversio so far.tracie great add ac switch 2.hpt

no log as didnt have laptop hooked up when it happened and we dont have roads where i live to hit cuise at 85+ mph and inclines like there were in Missouri