Thread: Durango R/T 2018 AWD E85 tune back to stock issues

Potential Tuner

Durango R/T 2018 AWD E85 tune back to stock issues

Hi all. Bought 2018 5.7 AWD durango from auction on a good price with little damage. Car was running on E85 and has a nitrous system installed and some other s.its... I'm looking to bring it back to stock files and normal gas, already removed the nitrous got a stock injectors on the way as well
    Qestion is: I know the gpeg2 is locked by default. I've pulled out the files on both controllers ( engine&trans) with no issue using a 12+8 connector and found across the forum a stock file for that year but wanted to confirm couple of things as a new/green tuner:
    1: it will be helpful if someone is able to provide a stock file for 2018 durango R/T AWD to compare it with this one i have ?
    2: how can i know the GPEG is locked or unlocked ? I assume if i can read the file is unlocked but not sure as i've read a post sayng it will cut me down on write vehicle process?
    I can see a lot of work was done on that E85 tune including the trans controller and my guess is that is unlocked but still want to get your opinion as a new guy in this before to give it a shot and try to upload a stock tune back to it .
    As an auction car i have no info even if is unlocked how was that done, what was used to upload the e85 tune and is it HP gonna be able to load the file or I'm goin towards bricking that ecu?
    Any lights around my issues much appreciated Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    you coulda read it even if it were locked but its not

cant tune one for different injectors and a fuel with a different stoich if its locked

welcome. hope you are prepared to do a lil reading

Potential Tuner
    Thanks mate. appreciate it. It is US export so I'm pretty sure this tune was done via HP but who knows ... I can easy flash both controllers and bring them back to factory via witech but plan is to boost it later and must pay for tokens anyways so wanted some light around this GPEG2 unlocking options as i've read some of them does't work with HP tuners after unlocking on a specific way not by HP tuners (i may'd be totally wrong), and only bin files can be loaded if that make any sense? Sorry if i sound dumb but too much different info across the globe confusing me.

pp: Stock file for cross ref would be very much appreciated thank you
    Last edited by yossta; 07-12-2023 at 02:12 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    prolly use that for injector data
    Attached Files Attached Files