Thread: FSCM TUNING/DUAL dw300c pumps CAMARO SS

Potential Tuner

FSCM TUNING/DUAL dw300c pumps CAMARO SS

Hello all, I was wondering if there is anything special that needs to be done to tune the fuel pump module in a 5th gen (2014) Camaro SS? I have swapped a CTSV fuel bucket in it with twin dw300's and the fscm has all of the zl1 values in it.

The car idles at 50psi, and ramping up under moderate load it will go up to 58 psi and then after about 5200 rpm it drops to around 50 PSI.

The car is a stock ls3, GPI stage 2 cam, and an LSA BLOWER swap. It is making about 8-9 lbs of boost and has TRUE 85% ethanol in the tank. I even put a couple of gallons of 93 to reduce ethanol content down to about 60% to see if fuel pressure would change, but it did not.

It's a stock LSA blower, 2.55 pulley and I highly doubt the car is making higher than 700 hp. These dual dw300c modules have been in other cars making similar power without an issue on e85. Not sure if i am having an issue with the module or if the pumps are indeed running out.
    Last edited by Valdez78; 07-12-2023 at 06:48 PM.

No way it can be diagnosed without the tune and a log to see if the system is commanding the correct fuel pressure, or incapable of demand (pinched line, restriction, plugged filter, failing pump(s) or any number of other issues.

Tuner
    did you pay the 1 credit to license and write the fscm with the zl1 info? You cant actually read the fscm to see what info is in it,
    also post your log file and your tune file- it will get you more help,,
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

Potential Tuner
    I agree, I guess I was just wanting some confirmation in my thinking that it is unlikely that these pumps are tapped. This is the second set of pumps so I am confident in the pumps being good. I will try to get some logs and edit the post. I will need to add commanded fuel pressure to my log, Do you have any other recommendations on other parameters that I should log?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doorev800 View Post
    did you pay the 1 credit to license and write the fscm with the zl1 info? You cant actually read the fscm to see what info is in it,
    also post your log file and your tune file- it will get you more help,,
    Yes, it is licensed, as i said it has all of the zl1 values put in it. not sure if something else may be missing or what. I'll get a log file going hopefully as soon as i have some time.

Tuner
    So when it drops psi after 5200 to 50psi what is the desired psi the fscm is requesting?
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

What did you do to control two pumps? Additional aftermarket control module? Separate complete fuel system feed? Hope it wasn't just running both pumps in parallel or God forbid in series through the stock FPCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post the file and log, make sure to log fuel pressure, desired fuel pressure or requested, fuel pressure mode, instantaneous fuel flow as well.