Thread: how to send my logs and current flash? starts then dies

Tuner in Training

how to send my logs and current flash? starts then dies

Ls swap to LQ4 6.0 in Avalanche. I installed Truck Norris Cam, shorty headers, duel exhaust, and cold air induction. It starts then dies, im green with tuning.

You can add the logs and tune using the advanced reply box, the attachment icon is in there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks. Should i post log and tune in GM gen 3 forum tab.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by musmule2ride View Post
    ok, thanks. Should i post log and tune in gm gen 3 forum tab.
    GM Gen3

"(1997-2009, ls1, ls6, ...)" based upon ecm, not engine.

Tuner in Training

log and tune Lq4 6.0

LS swap 5.3 to 6.0 from 06 GMC denali. I installed BTR truck cam, shorty headers , and air intake. When i turn the switch to on position, and cut off daytime driving lights my Throttle body flap begins clicking, and jittering.turns over hits a lick then dies. Im a dumbass in this area so please give me knowledge. also dont know if my dtc are viewable TPS losing communication, throttle control module.
    thanks to whoever can get me started.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    This type of problem gets posted on this site from time to time. A lot of people forget the grounds on the heads when doing a swap. First check that all the grounds are in factory locations. Next use a meter set to VDC and verify from grounds to negative battery post. There should be no voltage difference, but a few mV is ok.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    This type of problem gets posted on this site from time to time. A lot of people forget the grounds on the heads when doing a swap. First check that all the grounds are in factory locations. Next use a meter set to VDC and verify from grounds to negative battery post. There should be no voltage difference, but a few mV is ok.

Tuner in Training
    All grounds are hooked up, already configured wiring due to wouldn't start at all just turn over. Ended up being grommet on Crankshaft pos sensor. 2 on back of the heads, 2 lower front block.

Senior Tuner
    Ok but still verify the grounds. I had a similar problem. Turning on high beams killed the ignition. It was a bad ground. Do the testing while in failure condition.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so check the grounds from wiring harness? One ground is close to the cam shaft sensor and there is another one there close. I found that this was strange when using test light when i ground it everywhere i touch probe it illuminates. Although when i touch the throttle housing it dont. Have you looked at my log and tune? Noticed voltage missing on couple of channels.

Senior Tuner
    No use an actual meter. Test light is insufficient. Check between ground location and negative post of battery the way I described. Here's a few links that may be helpful:
    https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...ts-on-a-yukon/
    https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.co...f-2003.103136/

Control module voltage is a little low, but keep in mind that's pos-neg at the control module. Say the ground there is 1v above true ground. 12V supply - 1V = 11V.

Tuner in Training
    in reference to donor engine wiring harness there are 3 grounds beside battery and starter, and all grounds are connected. using multimeter no voltage difference at all. ground strap to back of engine. I did have a ground connected to the fire wall, although i moved it to the block. going on 4 months solving problem after problem. im stummped. thanks for helping is there something else possible?

Tuner in Training
    Moving the ground worked. As far as stopping the TB from acting arractic

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your help, it fired right up. Now on to the next step thanks again.

Tuner in Training

engine running can someone look at my log and tune

Quote Originally Posted by MUSMULE2RIDE View Post
    Thanks for your help, it fired right up. Now on to the next step thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files