Thread: 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang, E85, Port Injection, Split Second R4 Controller?

Tuner in Training

2.3L Ecoboost Mustang, E85, Port Injection, Split Second R4 Controller?

Is anyone else running E85 and using Port Injection with a Split Second R4 Controller?

Tuner in Training
    I am using a single injector aux injection on a Fiesta ST with Flex Fuel (E50-E83). I am also using a split second injector controller that I tuned myself.
    Last edited by Iceyrider; 07-13-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for responding! Glad to know there is someone else who has a similar setup!!
    Since adding system to my track only, 1/4 mile drag car, it runs good above 3000 rpm, but horrible under 3000 rpm!??
    Looking at R4 map, the port injectors seem to be programed, not to open until 3000 rpm... Is it normal or should I make some changes?
    PS: My 60' ETs were 1.8s, and now they are 2.0+
    Last edited by Coyote Chaser; 09-14-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It is hard to say without a log to look at, but make sure the engine settings are correct in the R4 software. Here is my current fuel map as an example. Keep in mind, when you add fuel the ECU doesn't know about, it starts to lower the calculated airload. You may need to rescale spark, torque, and fuel tables to compensate. AUXInj1.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    I have worked with them, if you havent bought it yet i would go with something else, if you have it its pretty straight forward, you will put the injector pulse width on a table and then write it

Tuner in Training
    "R4 map "
    Couple things, my fuel map is set zero blow 3,000 rpm and zero below 2.9 volts.

The controller is also set to 2 cylinder/2 cycle, just like it is an upstream single injector system. But it controls an auxiliary E85 port Injection system.

Is this normal or do I need to make adjustments?

Tuner in Training
    Something else odd. When my ECU was reflashed to run on 93 octane, the desired AFR was set at 14.08 However, after I installed the Auxiliary Port Injector Kit and reflashed to E85 fuel, the AFR was changed to 14.7 Any idea why it was changed? My car runs very lean.