Thread: LS2 Corvette (E40) Idle speed

Tuner in Training

LS2 Corvette (E40) Idle speed

Let's say my modified LS2 is tuned and idles quite well with a mild-ish camshaft. It's a 2.5bar SD tune. If I was then to add a larger air intake (air bridge and filter) would you expect that to change anything idle speed-wise? Another thing I changed is instead of the PCV fresh air source at the rear of the driver valve cover being a 3/8" hose that went to the air bridge between the air filter and the throttle body......it's just basically a small K&N filter that sits right on the barb fitting on the valve cover. Another variable that's changed since my last tune is that I replaced the clutch with the same clutch but with a heavier version of the flywheel to aid in driveability. I find the car lost maybe 50 to 100 rpm idle. The tunes commanded rpm is 800 but it's touching 800 on the max side......does all these variables being changed make sense that the idle is different a bit? Or is 800 rpm commanded mean the car will do whatever on it's own with the throttle body to maintain that 800rpm. I just don't know if there are airflow tables or something that need to be tweaked now to compensate. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Since its tuned in SD, the idle speed should not really be noticeable. Should idle pretty much the same. If the idle changed, you might have other issues to track down
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A