Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 4l60e 13 wire e40 ecm & t42 tcm.

I may have found the issue. It looks like the 13 wire transmissions have two wires switched versus the 15 wire transmissions. On the 13 pin transmission (Pin R = D3 and Pin P = D4). On the 15 pin transmission (Pin R = D4 and Pin P = D3). I think I have these two wire wrong. I have it wired up like the 15 pin Transmission. I will check this and verify hopefully this fixes the issue.

Well that did not fix it. I did notice that when in D4 & D3 VCM Scanner shows Trans Shift Solenoid Pressure Mode = 1st TCC Off. And when D2 and D1 the Trans Shift Solenoid Pressure Mode = 2nd TCC Off.

Update it was a wiring issue on the TCM causing it to take off in 3rd gear when in D4. That is fixed, but now that it takes off in 1st it will not shift. I thinks it is do to the MPH gauge not showing anything.

Ok everything works now. MPH was a wire not pushed up in the connector all the way. Thanks Everyone.

Well was driving around today and the Transmission Stopped going into drive. Have P0741 Code .

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jhbau1000 View Post
    Well was driving around today and the Transmission Stopped going into drive. Have P0741 Code .

Potential Tuner
    How did you fix this problem I?m having this same problem it feel like the trans is in 3rd or 4th in drive

I have not had the time to get back on this project. I do believe its a tuning problem now. I will need more details on what your ECM, TCM, OP's and year and a drive log too.

Sorry Xvaldexxx, I thought this was another thread i have. The P0741 in my case was the transmission valve body. The torque converter clutch solenoid and to be over sized to stop fluid from leaking by it.